Home Precious Metals
Options

Good price on 1 oz. AGE

derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
If you are feeling lucky

36 sold and more available at time of post. Will be interesting to see if the account has been hijacked. I bought the first one when the listing popped up last night. Paypal protection has never failed me, yet.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Comments

• Options
    Not a prayer.
  • Options
    43 sold as of now. With the former sales being only TMNT toys for $20 and under, and this being the only current auction, I'm gonna watch from the sidelines.
    You're right about paypal protection, but I don't need the anxiety over it all.
    If it all pans out, that's a giant savings, I wonder if anyone is going to buy multiples.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing... just does not seem right... these kind of deals are usually bad - but of course, occasionally, are a rare treasure. Keep us informed, I hope it is real. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    Even with the paypal protection is it worth tying up $1500 for a deal highly unlikely to pan out.

If it is legit - the seller is an idiot as any local ethical BM would of paid him more.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Well, as of now, 71 have been sold @ $1450 = 103 grrr

If I was ebay / paypal, I'd be taking a close look at this listing with it's stock photo.
  • Options
    freechancefreechance Posts: 380 ✭✭
    might as well file the claim now.
    It was going to let me buy 900 if I would pay now
  • Options

<< <i>It was going to let me buy 900 if I would pay now >>

eccentric uncle must have left them two monster boxes. image

<< <i>Well, as of now, 71 have been sold @ $1450 = 103 grrr

If I was ebay / paypal, I'd be taking a close look at this listing with it's stock photo. >>

84 sold so far.

Ebay and paypal are both watching it. image

Additionally, with less than 100 positive feedback as a seller paypal policy normally requires seller to provide proof of delivery before releasing funds to the seller.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no Santa Claus in Numismatics image

GOOD LUCK with your purchase image

GrandAm imageimageimage
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    If it is legit - the seller is an idiot as any local ethical BM would of paid him more.

I'm stayin out for the simple fact that the seller took the time to highlight Eagle in red, but misspelled it and didn't capitalize E. They couldn've gotten more factoring in fees are going to be at least $100 by just going to ANY local dealer. 7-10 business days to ship too?
    I wish you luck derryb
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    eccentric uncle must have left them two monster boxes. image

Must have been 5 monster boxes.

Seller has 2200+ still available

Must have been Uncle Burnsimage

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    142 sold now.

I'm not even going to bother asking him how much it is to ship to Canada. Pretty low percentage play IMO. Anyone with that much gold knows what they can actually get for it, outside of or on ebay.

There's always a chance that he sends you a rock with a tracking number and Paypal somehow takes his side. Best case scenario is that you have your money tied up for weeks or more until it all works out and you get your refund.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how they call their uncle eccentric.
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And auction now removed....I guess they were watching imageimageimage

• Options
    "This listing was removed by eBay. If you already paid for the item, we recommend that you wait 10 days from the expected delivery date to see if the item arrives. If you did not pay,you are no longer obligated to pay for this item. If you have a problem with the purchase, you can resolve the problem by filing a claim through our resolution center."

all buyers paid. Immediate payment was required. Paypal sitting on about a quarter mil that they'll have to return. Always worth the risk to me, it's how I get great bullion deals. Some days peanuts, some days shells. Tying money up with paypal can be avoided by having a number of accounts, each with its own credit card. I always use the credit card that has the most distant billing cycle. Money gets refunded to credit card before credit card payment is due.

Called paypal to see what's up with seller. Said auction was shut down because of volume and seller account still active with all paid funds on hold until proof of delivery. Guess there's still hope.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the listing has been removed. cooooooooool
  • Options
    dispute and escalation to claim now available in paypal for buyers.

• Options
    I always appreciate being pointed towards a deal, but this was a no brainer waste of time.
    Shells for you today derry, at least you were willing to take a chance along with 140+ others, but I agree with others that tying up really any amount of funds on something like this was really chancy. Hope you get made whole in a timely manner.
  • Options

<< <i>I always appreciate being pointed towards a deal, but this was a no brainer waste of time.
    Shells for you today derry, at least you were willing to take a chance along with 140+ others, but I agree with others that tying up really any amount of funds on something like this was really chancy. Hope you get made whole in a timely manner. >>

As detailed below, no money out of pocket if done with credit cards. If charge shows up on credit card before refund, a call to CC company puts the charge on hold with no interest. I win about half of these wild ebay attempts, worth the effort. Have never spent a penny out of pocket on the ones that didn't pan out. This one could still work out, have seen similar purchases do so.

• Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Too much trouble and possible things to worry about for $200 imho. Good luck
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Always worth the risk to me, it's how I get great bullion deals. Some days peanuts, some days shells. Tying money up with paypal can be avoided by having a number of accounts, each with its own credit card. I always use the credit card that has the most distant billing cycle. Money gets refunded to credit card before credit card payment is due.

As detailed below, no money out of pocket if done with credit cards. If charge shows up on credit card before refund, a call to CC company puts the charge on hold with no interest. I win about half of these wild ebay attempts, worth the effort. Have never spent a penny out of pocket on the ones that didn't pan out. This one could still work out, have seen similar purchases do so. >>

derryb, you and I are very very different animals... but you knew that image Viva!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    Listing removed.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 of my favorite sayings............

"If it sounds too good to be true then its probably not"

"If it doesnt make sense then its probably not gonna happen"

Im sure Derry will be fine either way, he is not a "Victim"
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if it sounds too good to be true, then it's probably too good to be legal.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Looks like I won't be getting it. image

CC refund processed last night.