Home Precious Metals
Options

Anyone else find ebay's....

derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
email on upcoming policy changes to be easily understood, or is it just me?

Starting May 30, all new listings and relistings in coin categories will need to meet the following requirements:
• First, listings for coins will be allowed to include a numeric grade in their listing title or item description only if the coin grading company meets certain objective standards.* Coins that haven't been graded by these companies will be considered raw or ungraded. Currently, eBay has determined that only the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) and the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) meet these standards.
• Second, for US Coins only, grading by companies meeting these standards will now be required for all coins listed with a Buy It Now, reserve, or start price of $2,500 and above.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

Comments

• Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    I am English impaired, so it took me a while (and not sure I got it completely).

So:
    1st. No grading in the listing unless the coin is in NGC or PCGS slab
    2nd. No raw (or slabbed by other grading companies) US Coins with BIN, Reserve or Start price over $2500 (included).

How did I do?!
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and I don't have any objections. All of my coins are graded by the 2 allowed and I would never consider using anyone else.
    From what I understand, this rule does not apply to bullion coins ... Now all we need is for gold to hit $2500.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    The start price can't be BELOW $2500 if it's a PCGS or NGC U.S. coin? Am I reading that correctly? I can't sell a PCGS/NGC coin for less than $2500? image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>The start price can't be BELOW $2500 if it's a PCGS or NGC U.S. coin? Am I reading that correctly? I can't sell a PCGS/NGC coin for less than $2500? image >>

You can't sell non-PCGS/NGC coins for more than $2500 unless the auction start below that.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am English impaired, so it took me a while (and not sure I got it completely).

So:
    1st. No grading in the listing unless the coin is in NGC or PCGS slab
    2nd. No raw (or slabbed by other grading companies) US Coins with BIN, Reserve or Start price over $2500 (included).

How did I do?! >>

Citizenship!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    You can't sell non-PCGS/NGC coins for more than $2500 unless the auction start below that.

Wow-we! So this coin is worth only up to $2500 in eBays eyes just because it's in an ANACS holder?
    That's about as manipulated as the silver market. image
    This will only make China ramp up production on the fraudulent PCGS & NGC holders. I don't like it at all.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You can't sell non-PCGS/NGC coins for more than $2500 unless the auction start below that.

Wow-we! So this coin is worth only up to $2500 in eBays eyes just because it's in an ANACS holder?
    That's about as manipulated as the silver market. image
    This will only make China ramp up production on the fraudulent PCGS & NGC holders. I don't like it at all. >>

Ebay is not saying what any coin is worth. They are establishing stricter listing rules for coins that get listed in BINs for $2500 or more.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    Not even a range say au55-Ms61

Or this Coin looks like it may grade in the ms63/64 range or any such refrences?
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    I guess they had to do something. Unfortuanately, a bit of an Ouch, for the honest seller, esp with some existing supply.
    COA