Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Any Idea what this Babe Ruth Pop 1 is worth?

Just got this baby back from PSA today, it is an African Tobacco Large Size Babe Ruth. This is the only PSA 6 ever graded - highest ever graded as well. This is a tough card!

The Set is a multi sport set and comes in a large as well as a small variety. This is the Large variety, (there have been only 8 large variety cards ever graded)

There are 19 small variety cards of Ruth graded from this set, with 2 PSA 6's, one PSA 6.5, and one PSA 7?

Opinions are appreciated, this is a tough card to price as not many available out there for review of pricing.

imageimage
Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.

Comments

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭✭
    That is fantastic ...

add .. hope the rest of the sub treated you well
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    Total junk. I'll give you $10 for it.
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Auction would really be the only way to find out.

A Small PSA 6 once sold for $840-ish, but that was ~3 years ago. It's value is whatever the market thinks it is worth. And this is a highly desirable card, but it is not clear what premium, if any, the marketplace places on the Large vs. Small. Rarity means little if there is not sufficient demand to warrant a premium.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if a card produced after his playing days like this one has any impact on value?
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree with mikeschmidt. Auction would be the best way to sell this, and it would probably dictate what it is worth. I would guess that it would end up in the $800-1200 range unless you get a couple of collectors who really want it and drive the price up. Then it could go for even more.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    $750-$1000
    the larger cards are in more demand than the smaller version. they are out there, not too rare. Nice card.
  • Options
    CollectorAtWorkCollectorAtWork Posts: 859 ✭✭✭
    The card is not in high demand because it is after Ruth's playing days. However, the large one is definitely rarer and higher priced than the small version. I have the small version, and was able to add it to the Ruth Master Registry as an optional item because it is after his playing days. Although I need the large variety, it's not high on my want list because it's post-playing days. A PSA5 of the large version sold in last fall's Bagger's Auction for ~$550 w/ BP. The link is here: Link
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    the market is strong right now...

1200.00 plus...

good luck with it, post a link when you sell it...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Nice little card. I would price it at 1,200+, $900 on a bad day.

Dave