Home Metal Detecting
Options

New on this forum,anyway,I bought my first Bounty Hunter...

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi guy's! I live in the Chicago area. Can someone give up their hiding spots, and tell me where's the best area's? Also, without upsetting people in that spot? Thank You in advance. I'll understand If no one wants to let the cat out of the bag.image

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the MD hobby and to this forum. What are you looking for?
  • Options
    Hi, thanks for replying! I'm just looking for any metal of some value. Mostly coins. Thanks again,

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, been off the forums for a while, the easiest place to get coins is parks/playgrounds and beaches. If you are looking for old coins, you will need to do some research. Hope all is going well.

Ray
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not in Chicago area, so cannot help - but welcome. Try your backyard first.... always a good spot and often some surprises.... check your local ordinances... the local police can usually help with that. Have fun.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im not in the chicago area either but best wishes and happy md'ing as well image
  • Options
    Thanks all! Yes, I did try my backyard, I got a bite soon as I tried. So I dug up and before I could totally remove,It seem to be a long handle of some sort? My mind was thinking a chest or box? My heart was pumping! It turned out to be just that. Some sort of metal bar? It looked like a car part. My wife yelling at all the holes in yard, I gave up.image but I will look somewhere else!

• Options
    Teach you a quick lesson on MDing and I am in no way trying to be rude... Never ask for someone else's spot unless you have a spot to share!!! It wont work and it will leave a really bad taste in there mouth. Most of us found spots by putting in a ton of research. Best thing to do is get old maps of where you want to dig. they can be found at your local courthouse or online. In todays times it hard to find virgin land. Its even harder to get permission from landowners these days. My best advise for you is do your homework...you dont walk into this hobbie expecting to get rich, it dont work that way....another thing if someone brings you to a spot make sure you ask them if they mind if you go back without them... if they say ok thats great but dont bring 10 other people with you....if they say no you can understand why!! GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY!!!!