Home Metal Detecting
Options

Found my very first coin(s) today

In my back yard I found my first coin about 2 mins. into detecting. A 1987 quarter about 3 inches down. My house was built 1950 so I was hoping to find something older but that pleased me. I also found a 1975 penny. I had fun. I was out there for almost an hr. I'm going to ride around today and scope out places
image I keep a census on Hawaii Error notes, Radars, Repeaters, Hawaii Stars (all denominations), Low serials, 6 of a kind, 7 of a kind, Canceled notes, AC blocks, ZB blocks, FC blocks, Uncut sheets and Late plates. If you have any information you would like to share please PM me. Thanks.image

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great... you are now officially hooked... good luck, Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, I too recently found my first "dug" coins... I can't wait to get out again but renovations around the house have me at a stand still... Maybe this weekend.

I have yet to do my own yard... I don't have an excuse...lol.

Ray
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    congrats on your firsts!

The older stuff will come soon enough...just have to stick with it and dig dig dig!
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I was talking with my wifes grandfather today about going out and he said I have 2 or 3 detectors around here somewhere you can have image He doesn't know what brands but my wife said he used to go out all the time. She said I'm sure he has good ones. I like the Garrett I have but if he has something better I'll give it a try. With having those I can take out more friends. This will be good exercise for me image
    image I keep a census on Hawaii Error notes, Radars, Repeaters, Hawaii Stars (all denominations), Low serials, 6 of a kind, 7 of a kind, Canceled notes, AC blocks, ZB blocks, FC blocks, Uncut sheets and Late plates. If you have any information you would like to share please PM me. Thanks.image