Home Metal Detecting
Options

New to this...

I have been on this side a few times and always wanted to detect. My grandfather passed recently and left everything in the house to the grandkids. I got the metal detector! It is a Garrett. I went to an old foundation by me with a friend and found a mason jar lid with a porcelain plate in it and some nails/junk. I was having fun though. I did find some real nice bottles.
Where are some good places to go? Besides the beach (that wouldn't interest me) I myself like being out it the woods. My friend bought one when he found out I had one and another friend of mine is going out soon to get one. So i'll have 2 people to go with. I always wanted to buy one but thought it would just sit and collect dust unless I had someone to go out with.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
-Tom
image I keep a census on Hawaii Error notes, Radars, Repeaters, Hawaii Stars (all denominations), Low serials, 6 of a kind, 7 of a kind, Canceled notes, AC blocks, ZB blocks, FC blocks, Uncut sheets and Late plates. If you have any information you would like to share please PM me. Thanks.image

Comments

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, sounds like you will have a great detecting life. Now get down to the discovery of places
    to detect. Aberdeen, Maryland is full of historic areas and places. Find the vacant grounds in
    likely places or abandoned homesteads/barns/schools, etc. Got to the detective work to find
    the really good stuff. Start the search immediately as you drive around town/country.

good luck and keep us informed!

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭✭
    Porch areas of old houses, around big shade trees where people may have congregated to get out of the sun, yards of old houses where kids may have played...

Just remember to fill your holes and ask permission.
    imageimage

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For practice, parks and yards are good sites. For serious searching, you need to do research (part of the fun)... talk to local oldtimers, library, historical society etc.... you would be surprised what will turn up. Good luck, Cheers, RickO