Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ATS MS70 Army half dollar went for moon money on the 'Bay: Auction over!

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
Can someone linkify this? I'm on a blackberry and copying and pasting takes forever.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=230768754274&cmd=VIDESC&index=1&nav=SEARCH&nid=60070586170

Edit-- it went for $1757! image
"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valid reason to request help with a link....

requested link

Edited to fix the link from the mobile version to desktop version

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Anybody know the POP for these in NGC 70?

• Options
    78saen78saen Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anybody know the POP for these in NGC 70? >>

Positive Transactions, CharlotteDude, SpaceMonkey, pcgs69, LeeG, MICHAELDIXON, drddm, yellowkid, jmj3esq, colorcommem, CommemDude, lkeigwin, InYHWHWeTrust, ajaan, CoinAddict, CCC2010, coinsarefun, nibanny, scrapman1077, fivecents, erickso1, ibzman350, lakeshore and more.
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

18 >>

9 are early release attributed

9 are standard graded
    edited to add

1606 are early release ms69 attributed

602 are standard ms69 graded

based on that info, that coin does seem to be bringing some crazy high money

with that many in 69/70 at ngc, there isn't even any point to look at pcgs pops

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

18 >>

9 are early release attributed

9 are standard graded
    edited to add

1606 are early release ms69 attributed

602 are standard ms69 graded

based on that info, that coin does seem to be bringing some crazy high money

with that many in 69/70 at ngc, there isn't even any point to look at pcgs pops

Because the PCGS pops for a 70 is zero!
    . >>

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the clad ones were dogs.

I went through a bunch and the best I got was a 68 and wasn't totally surprised at that. They may have had another 68 at the counter, but the rest were 67s and lower image

they seemed like they were handled similar to circulation strikes instead of high premium comemoratives.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised at the price. These were really poorly made coins, and there are probably enough NGC registry participants to create the demand (and high prices) for the NGC MS70's. The question is, would any of them cross to PCGS as 70's? I suspect not.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    Plus it is the lowest mintage modern clad by a ways I got a few saved back if ya wants to take a run at that moon money image
    Currently working with nurmaler. Older transactions....circa 2011 BST transactions Gecko109, Segoja, lpinion, Agblox, oldgumballmachineswanted,pragmaticgoat, CharlieC, onlyroosies, timrutnat, ShinyThingsInPM under login lightcycler
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    The Thomas Jefferson Silver Proof Commem goes for about $900 in NGC. A hard coin to get a 70. My guess the Army will end close to $900.
  • Options
    My guess would be closer to $1,500. Based on the poor quality I expect the top pops to remain where they are.
  • Options
    ColonelKlinckColonelKlinck Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    I remember when an MS69 Washington Half Commemorative was the holy grail of Commemorative halves and going upwards of $700.00 plus just a few years back. Now take a look at them.
    The odds are that the more graded, the more 70's will be made and the price will fall accordingly; don't get caught holding the "bag".
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just from the scan of the obverse alone, I would not consider that coin an MS70. Just my 2 cents worth.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, $1757! That's even more than the MS70 Army gold $5 goes for!
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    Just saw that...My guess was closer than the other guyimage

I think the pops with these are not going to move much becuase as we know the quality was terrible.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    I see an increase in NGC submissions. Good for NGC.
  • Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just from the scan of the obverse alone, I would not consider that coin an MS70. Just my 2 cents worth. >>

Yes, because those images are of such high quality and you obviously know much more than a professional grader...

-Paul
  • Options
    ColonelKlinckColonelKlinck Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Can someone say, "Bagholder". image
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Just from the scan of the obverse alone, I would not consider that coin an MS70. Just my 2 cents worth. >>

Yes, because those images are of such high quality and you obviously know much more than a professional grader...

-Paul >>

Was it your auction?
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

-Paul >>

Was it your auction? >>

Nope.

-Paul

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file