Home Metal Detecting
Options

1st Silver for the year!

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
Actually the 1st Silver since 2010. Stopped by a park on the way home from taking the income tax papers in and found about $3 in change. By a big oak tree I pulled a dime out and the edge was "white". I just knew that it was silver and it was. A 64-D. I had actually found a silver dime there several years ago. No drum rolls or commerical breaks just a good feeling.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neat find... maybe that park needs another search.... things move around in the ground... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats PPC!!

Glad to see some silver showed up for you! This is turning onto an all around banner year for you with gold and now silver coinage. Keep it up
  • Options
    I just found my first silver ever !! I decided to make a quick stop on my way home from the inlaws. And I knew I hit something good when my AT pro was reading in the 90's. The only problem is I nicked it with the shovel I seem to do that a lot with reg clad but I guess I need to be more careful when I'm searching my holes.
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just found my first silver ever !! >>

So, What was it?
  • Options
    Sorry it was a 52 roosevelt dime. With a fresh scratch down the back of it now.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice... now on to the next silver find.... Cheers, RickO