Home U.S. Coin Forum

2012 pennies (well cents) rec'd in change today 3/30/12 at Walmart

Got my first 4 2012 coins today in change at the local Wally world! Anyone else seen any 2012 coins in change?

Comments

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope! not yet. Glad to see people still "fired up" for these babies! Hope, what happened in Canada, does not! Happen here. Save the Lincolns!!!image

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • DavideoDavideo Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, got 3 2012 cents at the grocery store earlier this week.
  • tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    I've gotten a few in Baltimore
  • Snowman24Snowman24 Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    Yup - just started this week

getting them most of the time here in Syracuse
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect within five years, the cent will be history - except maybe in mint sets.... might keep them for collectors. Cheers, RickO
  • joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I suspect within five years, the cent will be history - except maybe in mint sets.... might keep them for collectors. Cheers, RickO >>

You know what,Ricko, I suspect in 5 years, U.S. will be a "cashless society" I hope I'm wrong!

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got one on 2 March - earliest I have seen a new cent in years.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭

<< <i>I suspect within five years, the cent will be history - except maybe in mint sets.... might keep them for collectors. Cheers, RickO >>

Canada is doing away with the penny.....
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭
    I got about 2 each 2012-P cents & nickels out here in the Philly area over the past week or so.

- - Daveimage
  • BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    I scored big the other night. Since the start of the shield cent, I've been pulling them from circulation and collecting each mint mark and filling up plastic roll tubes. I saw some shiny pennies in the cash drawer at a convenience store register and asked if I could exchange a dime for what he had in the register. He tells me, "Hold on, I can hook you up with a whole roll." I give him 50 cents and he gives me a new shrink wrap roll of Ds so my search for Ds is done. image I've gotten about 1-2 P cents in change and the Ds thus far have been phenomenal compared to Philly cents. Philly cents are somewhat spotty.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭
    The quality out of the Philly Mint is terrible every year versus what the Denver Mint puts out...................image

- - Dave
  • GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    I must not be shopping at the right stores. I haven't seen anything from 2012 yet.
    Ed
  • Mission16Mission16 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    I noticed rolls of 2012-D's in the vault where I work. First 2012 coins I've seen.
  • ceeveeNJceeveeNJ Posts: 77 ✭✭

<< <i>The quality out of the Philly Mint is terrible every year versus what the Denver Mint puts out...................image

- - Dave >>

+1

Got two 2012 Philly Cents this week. Not impressed...
    Coin Search Made Easy -- CoinZilla.com
  • sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    I got four 2012 cents in change today. These are my first of the year!
  • ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    got a half dozen pennies ( or cents if you prefer ). the cashier which i know said she would see if she could get me a few rolls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file