Home Precious Metals
Options

Corzine tied to missing money at MF global

bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems like they really are investigating this . There has been very little news , it was starting to look like it was being papered over.

lying to congress Jon?

I believe lying while testifying in front of congress is perjury isn't it? He was under oath?

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would this surprise anyone?? Clearly, in his position, he had to be aware of the financial dealings - it is a prime responsibility of that office. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    He always was a jerk!

Now he can spend some time where he belongs.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would this surprise anyone?? Clearly, in his position, he had to be aware of the financial dealings - it is a prime responsibility of that office. Cheers, RickO

Almost like the Attorney General not knowing anything about Fast & Furious.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At best Corzine will pay a fine with no time.

He's all 0bammed up.

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Took client's funds against federal/secutities laws?
    "Get a rope!"
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    LowBudgetLowBudget Posts: 383 ✭✭
    he'll get away with it....for now
    "I'm dropping my standards so that I can buy more"
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    when it comes to illegal activities, they never know anything about day to day operations.

score big in the markets off some underlings idea and they are proud of their genius business savvy.

they are having it both ways, but shouldn't.

I recoil in disgust at those who have gotten off with "not aware of operations at that level" as well as those settlements where they "neither admit nor deny wrongdoing." (although sometimes that settlement is ok if a case is hard to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. often the setllement is loss of profit and maybe even small fines)
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He'll be a board memeber of the FED or the Treasury watch image
    Magicians are in high demand image
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    after repeated, blatant theft by those entrusted to protect our money is it really that hard to believe that others of such power would not fill gold bars with tungsten? I find it very likely. I also find it astonishing that after all we have learned about the greed and corruption of our banking officials and others entrusted with our money and investments that many still believe any suggestion of consiparcy on their part is something that belongs in the National Enquirer.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Took client's funds against federal/secutities laws?
    "Get a rope!" >>

sweet and simple imageimage
  • Options
    He's Goldman Sach pedigree,

That means he's been given a license to steal.

He'll never do a day where he belongs.
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    He'll make a good prison cellmate for Rod Blagojevich. Corzine is going down. This is going to be interesting to watch.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    My cyrstal ball says corzine will do the time and JPMorgan will return the money.image
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corzine tied to missing money at MF global

I'd like to see Corzine tied to the missing money. In a Biblical sort of way.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like ZH's link to what is supposed to be a great (as usual) PBS Frontline story on MF and Corzine is jamming up the PBS servers. This should be another good one from Frontline. If you didn't catch their "The Warning" you don't want to miss it either.

ZH link to Frontline MF Global story

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt