Home Precious Metals

Show us your new shiny stuff - March 23 edition

OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've been adding this week. The two $5 commemoratives came from the Baltimore show yesterday. The dealer sold them to me for well below melt at $375 each. The Apmex rounds were on sale last week and arrived yesterday. The 5 oz Engelhard and 1/2 oz Frank Lloyd Wright are off ebay.

Comments

• piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Sold pm's, bought coins
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought nothing this week.
    Please someone sell me something !!!
    Timbuk3
  • LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only Gold, what does that style 5ozer usually fetch?

I've been wanting one like that for a while...

Here is my little pickup

Four different 1oz Engelhards, Three different JM's ( 100 gram, 1 gram and 1oz republic national bank) and Five bucks in mercs and barber dimes (and one seated) and a dollar in war nickels.

It's all about what the people want...

• OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Only Gold, what does that style 5ozer usually fetch?

Four different 1oz Engelhards, Three different JM's ( 100 gram, 1 gram and 1oz republic national bank) and Five bucks in mercs and barber dimes (and one seated) and a dollar in war nickels. >>

LukeMarshall, your 100 gram JM is quite nice. I don't recall seeing that size before.

The 5 oz Engelhard I posted is probably the most common style of 5 oz poured. Figure $225 to $275 on ebay depending on who is bidding. $250 is a safe average to assume.
  • halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    This was my only purchase this week . . . So far
    (sellers pics):

2004 Uncirculated $20 - Piedfort - 2ozt.

HH

Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice stuff this week fellas! Just an SAE for me this week. However...I did plunk down just over 6 grand this week in metal. My daughters braces.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice stuff this week fellas! Just an SAE for me this week. However...I did plunk down just over 6 grand this week in metal. My daughters braces. >>

qualifies as precious metal. image

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice stuff... no acquisitions for me... just enjoying my stacks... image Cheers, RickO
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭
    Nothing yet. I might go and see if some banks have some halves. If not, I plan on going and looking at a couple coin stores today for some misc silver. See if anything says BUY ME.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    didn't even get to a dealer this week, too much other stuff to do image
  • MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a good week for me.
    I bought 11 Silver eagels, 3 Peace dollars and a neat little 3oz piece... I'll post photo's here shortly.
  • Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its nice to have a dealer that holds things for you that you dont even have to ask him to do. He ran across this set(Ellendale, ND) one piece at a time over the last 2 weeks. I never even knew of such a set, but he knew my home town and saved them for me, hes also on the lookout for any national notes from there.

The crown sized silver pieces were all purchased at melt. Most world coin collectors would want to slap me for saying that, but hey I saved them from the smelter. Some very valuable and rare coins can be had if you just ask to looking in their foriegn coins they are wanting to ship out.

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (almost) another ounce...

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    Love that round halfhunter!
    Cool silver jinx86!

Here are my newps for the week.

The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>(almost) another ounce...

image >>

You are bad...

Nice pickups

It's all about what the people want...

• WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

The crown sized silver pieces were all purchased at melt. Most world coin collectors would want to slap me for saying that, but hey I saved them from the smelter. Some very valuable and rare coins can be had if you just ask to looking in their foriegn coins they are wanting to ship out.

>>

Err, you might want to magnet-check those pieces. They are the exact look and style of Chinese fakes. Pick out a couple and weigh them, too, just to be sure.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now in the BST thread!
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Added: That's a nice Frank Lloyd Wright, OGIM. I don't believe that I've ever even seen one!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C-rappy phone pic but I got these Friday. Gold is the Austrian ducat restrike, 1915. Libs @ spot+2 and got all 5 he had left.

• TIPPAHNUMTIPPAHNUM Posts: 79 ✭✭✭
    I think these were the last Engelhard 1 oz. designs...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"having money's not everything and not having it is."

-Kanye West

• carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭
    Good work all, love the JM bars!

Loves me some shiny!
  • freechancefreechance Posts: 380 ✭✭
    how bout some more JMs