Home Precious Metals

Things I've learned in the past 24 hours on the PM Forum

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
The weather seems to be extremely nice in Chicago

Gas is expensive

Gas is cheap

it will be a rhubarb bumper crop this year

Phil is sensitive about his weight

The average American household makes $34,000. Firemen make more and someone wants to make sure we all know it

TN and POM will not be exchanging gifts this year at the PM Pancake Social in Baleyville

I now know what the frequency is

There will be several members here that will have conditions named after them in some medical journal

MJ
Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • fastrudyfastrudy Posts: 2,096
    Mental conditions or physical conditions or both?
    Successful transactions with: DCarr, Meltdown, Notwilight, Loki, MMR, Musky1011, cohodk, claychaser, cheezhed, guitarwes, Hayden, USMoneyLover

Proud recipient of two "You Suck" awards
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The former

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    MJ, what did I miss? Been workin'.

I did get to a local coin show last weekend. Had a wonderful time. Rick Beale of 900 Fine had a table there. Many fine coins to see, wonderfully toned Morgans, reasonably high grade Flowing hair and Drapped bust halves and dollars, etc. He had one of the Longacre 50 cent copper patterns. Gorgeous coin. I held the slab in which it was confined and got a real good look at the pattern and strawberry tone of the coin - first I've seen in person. What a treat! Bought nothing at the show but had a fun time. I'm saving my pennys to be able to purchase that pattern someday.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    TN and POM will not be exchanging gifts this year at the PM Pancake Social in Baleyville

I didn't even get the invitation...now that's a shame. I though most here had finally accepted me as part of this community. Kind of like the red-headed step child image
    (sarcasm) image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>TN and POM will not be exchanging gifts this year at the PM Pancake Social in Baleyville

I didn't even get the invitation...now that's a shame. I though most here had finally accepted me as part of this community. Kind of like the red-headed step child image
    (sarcasm) image >>

As a redhead I take total offense to this. We must fight now.

• Maybe that green dye in the river is making all our Chicago PM forum members a little jumpy
    As a redhead I take total offense to this. We must fight now

But are you a step child too?

<< <i>As a redhead I take total offense to this. We must fight now

But are you a step child too? >>

Ha, no. Bastage for a few years until the folks got married though. I still eat souls though, like a good ginger should.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MJ.. you found all of that here??? Dang, I must be missing something - I look at this forum every day and missed a lot of those items (gas prices were noted...image ). Cheers, RickO
  • streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MJ has found the frequencyimage
    Have a nice day
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have a beer with any forum member... as long it was at an airport on that side of the security checkpoint image

The location of Baleyville is on a need-to-know basis and by invitation only image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    And it's looking like a poor year for the GA peach crop . . . Not enough cold weather this winter . . .

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im glad to hear about the rhubarb bumper crop image
  • mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭

"I now know what the frequency is"
    Please provide the frequency and coordinates.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    B.O.B = Bug out bag image
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    There will be several members here that will have conditions named after them in some medical journal

MJ >>

will they CAC?
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>B.O.B = Bug out bag image >>

You won't think it's so funny when the zombie apocalypse comes.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, I was in BassPro this afternoon and I see that Hornaday has come out with a line of "Zombie" ammo. What th' heck is that about?imageimage
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You know, I was in BassPro this afternoon and I see that Hornaday has come out with a line of "Zombie" ammo. What th' heck is that about?imageimage >>

Just a marketing gimmick.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    I like that movie clip...but thought aren't you supposed to shoot a zombie in the brains to stop him cold in his tracks? Maybe he did not watch a lot of zombie movies as he just wasted a lot of ammo. Wonder what happened to him in the end...just saw his weapon and bullets left alone in the hood of that car.... image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I learned from the movies, if a Zombie is chasing you, you hit it with a stick, just enough to stun it, then run away.. and then you trip over a tree root, and then the Zombie gets you.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• << <i>I now know what the frequency is

MJ >>

Who knew that Dan Rather was a member here!
  • TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    I could become a Red Sox fan and I don't care for baseball much.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could become a Red Sox fan and I don't care for baseball much.

ditto that
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
    Her shirt does say SOX, right? image
    Whoever had me thinking vodka was going to settle my heartburn from a Jim&Nick's giant bbq hotlink was mistaken.
    Whoever had me thinking vodka was going to settle my heartburn from a Jim&Nick's giant bbq hotlink was mistaken.

Stop trying to blame someone other than yourself lol.

Pork chops on the grill tonight was a nice treat, washed down with 4 Smithwicks. Time for nighty night, i'm toast

<< <i>Whoever had me thinking vodka was going to settle my heartburn from a Jim&Nick's giant bbq hotlink was mistaken.

Stop trying to blame someone other than yourself lol.

Pork chops on the grill tonight was a nice treat, washed down with 4 Smithwicks. Time for nighty night, i'm toast >>

Oh me and the wife both mentioned that it was going to be an evening with the pork/briscuit/links combo I ordered. She's in bed, I'm in the studio, and I think she mentioned me and the futon at some point but I wasn't paying attention.