Home Precious Metals
Options

What a beautiful day in Chicagoland

Picked up some silver for a pretty good price. The weather is just spectacular. The family is intact and we're blessed to be healthy.

edited to remove an outdated topic. Oh, and I even get a reminder that I'm a crybaby and hard to deal with too lol
To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pieces,

Your buddy, MR. junior achievement, will be along shortly to help you with this thread. He'll start out innocently with an little question. Then he will veer to his income, job status and importance in society. At his modest, ahem ...salary...for crawling through smokey hallways rescuing people.

The same job where, in OC, a THOUSAND job applicants come out for every ONE opening.
    The unemployment situation is more dire than I thought

I will enjoy the entertainment. TYIAimage
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    A wealth of knowledge from a person who post a thread like this, right?

• Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Another great March day in Chicago. Just turned on the A/C, earliest I can ever remember. Sure beats 20 degrees and snowing. I love global warming. image
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Another great March day in Chicago. Just turned on the A/C, earliest I can ever remember. Sure beats 20 degrees and snowing

It really is unreal. I haven't turned on the air yet cuz it cools off pleasantly once the sun goes down and makes for some very comfortable sleeping lol.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turned the air on yesterday.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open window and back porch weather here in coastal northeast FL. Very enjoyable.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a yellow fog with all the pollen from everything blooming. Most beautiful here in central Alabama.

Dogwoods & Red Bud trees in full bloom along with every thing elseimage Life is Good!

"Hey Mister
    Where you going in such a hurry
    Don't you think it's time you realized
    There's a whole lot more to life than work and worry
    The sweetest things in life are free
    And there right before your eyes
    You got to Stop and Smell the roses
    You've got to count your many blessings everyday
    You're gonna find your way to heaven is a rough and rocky road
    If you don't Stop and Smell the roses along the way
    Before you went to work this morning in the city
    Did you spent some time with your family
    Did you kiss your wife and tell her that she's pretty
    Did you take your children to your breast and love them tenderly
    If you don't Stop and Smell the roses along the way
    Did you ever take a walk through the forest
    Stop and dream a while among the trees
    Well you can look up through the leaves right straight to heaven
    You can almost hear the voice of God
    In each any every breeze
    You got to Stop and Smell the Roses
    If you don't Stop and Smell the Roses along the way
    If you don't Stop and Smell the roses along the way"

Stop And Smell The Roses Lyrics

(Davis/Severinsen)
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    We have redbud in bloom up here. Usually May 1.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Red-bud ?

• Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Red-bud ? >>

AHHHH . . . The good old days . . . I remember them well . . . Kinda Sorta ! ! ! image

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>We have redbud in bloom up here. >>

Ceech and Chong would be jealous.imageimageimage
  • Options
    Here we are almost 9 months later and we have a 71 degree day in Chicagoland on December 3!!!

We had a warm Spring, a very hot Summer (I think we broke the record for 90+ days around here this year) and so far not a bad Fall at all.
    Keep burnin' up the ozone layer so we can keep having this unusual, but welcomed weather here in the crossroads of America. image
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    The weather here in San Diego is overcast with drizzles and about 69F.

Whatever happened to TexasNationals? I haven't seen him post in a while.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, it's nice where I'm at !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    Whatever happened to TexasNationals? I haven't seen him post in a while.

Are you asking me? Last I heard from him he was making serious threats to my well being. Beyond that, I probably shouldn't say anything being as I got law enforcement involved.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in Chicagoland every week..... and hope to soon be done with it. Fly home every Friday and back on Monday - I want to get back to retirement. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am in Chicagoland every week..... and hope to soon be done with it. Fly home every Friday and back on Monday - I want to get back to retirement. Cheers, RickO >>

You'll miss our congested highways, high taxes, high unemployment, and record levels of corruption.
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options

<< <i> You'll miss our congested highways, high taxes, high unemployment, and record levels of corruption. >>

It's still an amazing, exciting city. I'd much rather be here than in most places.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> You'll miss our congested highways, high taxes, high unemployment, and record levels of corruption. >>

It's still an amazing, exciting city. I'd much rather be here than in most places. >>

It is an exciting and beautiful city, to be sure.
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options
    Here we are almost 9 months later and we have a 71 degree day in Chicagoland on December 3!!!

Well, what a difference a year can make, let alone 3 months (speaking about the weather, not the other garbage in this thread).

This time last year, we had a run on 70-80 degree temps for a couple weeks. Later in December of '12, we had a 71 degree day...unheard of.
    THIS year the high for tomorrow is only supposed to be 27 image You gotta love the great Midwest!
  • Options
    If you don't like the weather in Chicago, wait ten minutes.......
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, finally back to retirement, three month 'favor' assignment turned into nine months in Chicago area. Glad to be retired again... sure got to know O'Hare really well. Twenty seven degrees here this morning....but I can look OUT at it, not venture forth. Was interesting, but had enough of Illinois. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twenty seven degrees here this morning....but I can look OUT at it, not venture forth.

I did that for 2 decades, then I moved to Baleyville. Its nice here.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep, 74 and clear on the west coast, 2-5 mph breezes, and the trees been greening up for 3 weeks now.
    I pity the fool that live in the midwest or east (although I travel there frequently on business and live it up, terrific beef and bourbon)

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>yep, 74 and clear on the west coast, 2-5 mph breezes, and the trees been greening up for 3 weeks now.
    I pity the fool that live in the midwest or east (although I travel there frequently on business and live it up, terrific beef and bourbon) >>

Don't feel bad for us. Thats why we spend our winters in Florida. image
  • Options

<< <i> I pity the fool that live in the midwest or east >>

it's weather - don't be such a wuss

• Options
    it's weather - don't be such a wuss

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you say so image (been called worse ... nerd for getting good grades, geek for working with technology, wimp for not smoking or getting sick-drunk,
    and ostrich for not fully buying into conspiracy hype, among other doozies that our host's censor software doesn't permit)

I'm actually in the upper midwest this weekend and will enjoy tonight's 3-6 inches of snow like a tough guy image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    ya know, some people care more about the weather than others. nothing wrong with that. personally I like cold/crisp weather and not too much heat. I don't mind a 30-degree day and my ideal day is in the 50s or 60s. I like having real seasons and snow around the holidays. on the other hand, I know some people, including family members, who hate cold and snow and have moved to year-around warm climates like Southern California. to each his own. having a warm climate year-around is important to many people, but others don't care or prefer a cooler climate. the Midwest, Northeast and others northern states have probably half the country's population, if not more, and their populations are growing too, though not as fast as the South and West. and there are whole countries that are even colder, on average - like Canada and the Scandinavian countries - which seem to be pretty popular places to live. image
  • Options
    I don't mind the cold either, for the most part. It's the constant abundance of gray overcast gloomy days in the winter I don't like. To be honest, I rather be somewhere else other than Chicago January-March.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Maui no ka oi!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more