Home Sports Talk
Options

Tebow to Jets

New York media and ESPN say Tebow to Jets for a 4th round pick.

NY Post: Tebow traded to Jets

Robert

Comments

• Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    That is absolutely the WORST place for Tebow to go.
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    for a 4th round pick, lol.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Looks like Jets gave up a 6th rounder as well, and got the Broncos 7th rounder back in the deal.
  • Options
    lolllllllll
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Jets now have 2 of the worst QBs in the league
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options

<< <i>The Jets now have 2 of the worst QBs in the league >>

Ya Got That Right !!!!!!!!!

YeeHahimage

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>The Jets now have 2 of the worst QBs in the league >>

yea but they will have JC in their lives
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    he'll be the #1 selling Jersey for the Jets this year....
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    good job Elway.

whether it's selling cars or flipping QB's, it all comes down to dealing with bad mechanics.
  • Options
    So Tebowmania is dead (hurray) but isnt Manning one hit away from joining Stephen Hawking in the wheelchair basketball league? Didnt Teblow get sacked a couple of hundred times? A 4th round pick, that tells you just how good Tebow was/is (not very)
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    As a big Pats fan, this Tebow to the Jets deal just made my day. What an absolute train wreck this will be. Can we get the season to start now?
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

I lol'd
  • Options
    It would be cool if CU started a Sports Talk forum.
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It would be cool if CU started a Sports Talk forum. >>

even cooler if all the morons that complained about thread content didn't open the ones that they didn't want to read.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>It would be cool if CU started a Sports Talk forum. >>

even cooler if all the morons that complained about thread content didn't open the ones that they didn't want to read. >>

The Sports Talk and Sports Memorabilia forums are separate for a reason. And no, adding a pic or scan of card to the thread doesn't make it card related.

EDIT: It's also a shame that good card related threads get bumped off the first page because some people are incapable of posting threads in the right forum.
  • Options
    MilehighHOFMilehighHOF Posts: 255 ✭✭✭
    I'll probably get crap for this, but I am sad to see him go. Last year he made being a Broncos fan fun again. Sure he has a lot of work to do if he wants to be a QB in the NFL, but he showed flashes of being really good and it was fun while it lasted. If Manning can give us a few good years (even if he is only 75% of the QB he once was) then this is a good football move, but I still wish Tebow was a Denver Bronco......
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>EDIT: It's also a shame that good card related threads get bumped off the first page because some people are incapable of posting threads in the right forum. >>

I'll tell you what's a shame: Jesus and Rex being on the same team now. That, and not saving 15% or more on car insurance.

• Options
    1all1all Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    yea but they will have JC in their lives >>

No.... Jason Campbell signed with the Bears! .... Ohhhh, you mean the other JC don't you?
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Why?

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    New York Jets Christian Belief:
    Mark Sanchez= 1st coming of JC
    Tim Tebow= 2nd coming of JC image
    Any team on any given Sunday, can beat any other team...unless they were playing the Miami Dolphins in 1972.
  • Options

<< <i>New York Jets Christian Belief:
    Mark Sanchez= 1st coming of JC
    Tim Tebow= 2nd coming of JC image >>

Winning the Superbowl is no longer an act of skill, it is an act of religion.
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deal could be called off. Jets have to pay Denver back some of the bonus money they gave Timmy. Jets maybe unwilling to do that. God wins.
    Mike
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    how soon until Tebow signs an autograph deal with Steiner?

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a marketing standpoint, it'll be a boon in jerset sales alone..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does not surprise me that Denver would unload Tebow after signing Manning.

Still, I would have liked to have seen Tebow stay with Denver another year or so just to see how he develops. He has been successful every place he has played football (high school, college and last season in the pros).

Whoever he ends up playing for will very likely be glad that they signed him. He seems to me to be the type of player who will put in the work to improve and succeed. It would not surprise me to see him become a good passing QB. If he can do that, then his skills at running the ball will make him very hard for opposing defenses to contain.

Good luck to Tebow where ever he goes (as long as it is not to Oakland).

Further, here is hoping that Manning will be able to survive and thrive in Denver (instead of taking a hit in game 1 next year and suffering a career ending neck injury).
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Personally I don't think Sanchez is as bad as Jets fans have him made out to be but I don't follow the Jets as close as their real fans do so I could be wrong.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options

<< <i>Personally I don't think Sanchez is as bad as Jets fans have him made out to be but I don't follow the Jets as close as their real fans do so I could be wrong. >>

Colin Cowturd made a valid point today. Sanchez lead the Jets to within one game of the Super Bowl twice. Had one bad month last season and now everyone hates him.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW!

Seems like a big gamble for Denver to take, considering one good hit could end Manning's career. As stated earlier Denvers O line gives up a lot of sacks.

I was assuming that they would keep Tebow as the backup. How much longer can Manning play even if he doesn't get injured?

Who else do they have at Quarterback? If they don't pick up someone with a fair amount of talent they could be in bad shape for several years.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the Jets are off to a bad start this year. The entire team played badly yesterday against the 49rs in a shutout loss.

I wonder if the coach will stick with Sanchez as the starting QB for the entire season or whether he will try Tebow as the starter? Even if he does let Tebow start the chances of the team turning the season around is small (though Tebow did that with Denver last year for a while before losing the last 3-4 regular season games and sneaking into the playoffs).
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One more bad Sanchize game, then Tebow gets a start. Would not suprise me if Sanchez has a good game -- he seems to do better right when Jets fans start writing him off (for about the 5th time now). Still not worth $10 million a year, though.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>New York media and ESPN say Tebow to Jets for a 4th round pick.
    >>

Not true -- a six pack of Coors was included to sweeten the deal for the Broncos.