Home Metal Detecting

March 19th/20th 2012 - 3 Silvers including Seated Dime!

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
*edited date in title because I have no idea what day it is*

The absolutely superb, unheard weather continues here! Was in the 70s again today, and looking to be almost 80 tomorrow!! Don't want this to end. Was really tired after work yesterday, but with this weather, I just had to get out. Went to a local park and within 5 minutes had a 53-D Roosie! Was there another hour and a half and only got clad, and oddly enough, pieces of parking meters. My favorite piece is a "Time Expired" tag!

Had to get out again today. Went to a local park I've hit pretty hard (or at least I thought I did). After a few minutes, a nice 1943 Merc shows up!! Not too much else for the next hour. I think I may have found a pocket spill of 4 wheats, but I haven't checked any other coins yet. As I was about to go I get a dime signal at about 5-6 inches. The odd thing is it looks like I might have dug a plug there last year... didn't quite look right. Expecting a piece of can that I left...but insted a silver disc shows! Could only see the reverse, so I figured it was a late-date Barber. Rinsed it off at home and found it was SEATED!!!! 1875 and has full Liberty. Not too shabby.

HH all!

hmmm... what could be hiding under that dirt?

Comments