Home Precious Metals
Options

anyone ever seen this engelhard

POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut

Comments

• Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    I doubt Engelhard would have done that, it does not look like their style. MM
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I doubt Engelhard would have done that, it does not look like their style. MM >>

Agree. Looks like a telemarketer gold plated part of the coin to sell for a premium over melt value to the uninformed masses. To me it's worth silver melt not unlike those colorized ASE's.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    coinnerdcoinnerd Posts: 491 ✭✭✭
    I agree with the others. After market add on. Engelhard didn't make it that way.
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    To me it's worth silver melt not unlike those colorized ASE's.

As much as I detest them, I would rather have a colorized ASE than this.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    All them neutral and negs ought to tell you something. Sorry, not for me.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options

<< <i>To me it's worth silver melt not unlike those colorized ASE's.

As much as I detest them, I would rather have a colorized ASE than this. >>

Agree. A good soak in acetone can usually take the color enamel off the ASE's. The gold plating on this coin would be a lot more difficult to remove.

• Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    After market for sure. Up until recently, I owned one 1oz silver bar that had a tiny gold nugget on it by design. From a private mint in nevada. The name is escaping me due to a slight hangover.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pokermandude.... I saw one of those at a coin show in Seattle... almost bought it. Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>Pokermandude.... I saw one of those at a coin show in Seattle... almost bought it. Cheers, RickO >>

How much were they asking? I would buy something like this for melt or maybe a buck over melt but I sure wouldn't pay any real premium for the gold plating.

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I agree with the others. After market add on. Engelhard didn't make it that way. >>

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Pokermandude.... I saw one of those at a coin show in Seattle... almost bought it. Cheers, RickO >>

How much were they asking? I would buy something like this for melt or maybe a buck over melt but I sure wouldn't pay any real premium for the gold plating. >>

It was a nice looking bar. Kinda regret selling it actually. It had a (nearly) airtight case, it had a nice purple rim tone to it. Wasn't gold plated, it was an actual tiny gold nugget. Had the original black box and COA as well.

It ended up being part of my deal for three 1 oz JMC poured bars, 4 oz engelhard and others (posted them all in the friday PM pron thread), so I think I made out pretty well image
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember seeing one very similar, but the nugget was from the USS Central America.

Quite cool actually... Nugget on Coin

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    The name is escaping me due to a slight hangover

That's what that green beer will do to ya imageimageimage
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    Ick, I would buy that thing for under melt.
  • Options
    well some crazy paid double melt ...everyone get your engelhard rounds out and some gold paint time to cash in image
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut