Home Metal Detecting

Got My ProPointer

I got a Whites 3900 when I was a teenager and blindly searched my grandparent's property and just played around. I pulled it out a few months ago and I'm excited about getting back into detecting after 20 years or so.

Just got my ProPointer on Friday and was able to go and try it out today for about a half hour in the back yard. Ended up finding 4 pennys and a nickel and a handful of nails and other junk. I had read on forums where most everyone thought this was a must have, and after using it, I'm now a believer! It made it so much easier to find the item and cut my search times down to a minimum. I can't wait to get back out and use it some more. Once I get my headphones squared away, I'll hit my local parks.

Rodney

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations... the ProPointer is a very useful tool... makes the hobby a lot more enjoyable... Cheers, RickO
  • I love my pro-pointer can't live without it now I order mt garrett AT pro and the pro-pointer at the same time and they were both on back order well the detector came a week before the pointer. And that first week of learning my machine was hell without it. But I've noticed one thing I don't know if I got a rebuilt model or what but if I grab the business end really tight and twist it a little bit it goes off or if I push down to hard on the bottom of my hole it will start to sound has anyone else noticed that ?