Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The card market has to be strong, LQQK at this Jerry Rice PSA 10 Rookie, WOW!

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>and why do you end 85% of your posts with LOL? >>

I wondered this same thing, but I think I have the answer. "LOL" is the punctuation mark of choice among cowards who try to be Internet tough guys but who, in all actuality, lack the cojones to "own" their posts. Smile faces are sometimes used in the same way. For instance, I can say anything I want about your mother and the intercourse that I may or may not have had with her, but as long as I finish my sentence with "LOL" its ok. Translation: "I mean what I just said, but I need to pretend I didn't, because if you were mean to me on an Internet message board I'd cry myself to sleep." >>

If only he knew who he was trolling, LOL image
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Gball walks up to the urinal only to find a black curly hair on the rim (assuming he stands to pee). Does he ask the guy that just left if he lost something, or was it the guy prior to that last guy? It is clear that leaving this little hair alone is not an option. He must know who this belongs to. Is DNA testing an option? How will he solve this mystery? Does he yell in the restroom until someone claims it? Yes, he will pick a name and yell it until he finds his confession. This will work!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

<< <i>Gball walks up to the urinal only to find a black curly hair on the rim (assuming he stands to pee). Does he ask the guy that just left if he lost something, or was it the guy prior to that last guy? It is clear that leaving this little hair alone is not an option. He must know who this belongs to. Is DNA testing an option? How will he solve this mystery? Does he yell in the restroom until someone claims it? Yes, he will pick a name and yell it until he finds his confession. This will work! >>

Wow that's a very mature comment. Go back to your dark alley LOL.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Gball walks up to the urinal only to find a black curly hair on the rim (assuming he stands to pee). Does he ask the guy that just left if he lost something, or was it the guy prior to that last guy? It is clear that leaving this little hair alone is not an option. He must know who this belongs to. Is DNA testing an option? How will he solve this mystery? Does he yell in the restroom until someone claims it? Yes, he will pick a name and yell it until he finds his confession. This will work! >>

Wow that's a very mature comment. Go back to your dark alley LOL. >>

LOL
    LOL
    LOL
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    The bidders are dropping like flies!
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe Montana PSA 10

Just under $14,200. No one can be disappointed with this price. Totally legit winning bidder.
  • Options
    Tony Dorsett PSA 10

Holding very strong with a nice price of $6.606.88

I think there will be another bid come in on the Rice.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Joe Montana PSA 10

Just under $14,200. No one can be disappointed with this price. Totally legit winning bidder. >>

You know who purchased it?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Joe Montana PSA 10

Just under $14,200. No one can be disappointed with this price. Totally legit winning bidder. >>

You know who purchased it? >>

Grote you have looked at enough auctions to see this is a legit bidder. Certainly not me.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Joe Montana PSA 10

Grote you have looked at enough auctions to see this is a legit bidder. Certainly not me. >>

I would not use such a declarative blanket statement with regard to a bidder with fewer than 500 feedbacks. It may very well be a perfectly legit bidder, but we have all seen our share of high end cards resurface again, so I would not personally use that kind of blanket statement minutes after the auction ended.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Joe Montana PSA 10

Grote you have looked at enough auctions to see this is a legit bidder. Certainly not me. >>

I would not use such a declarative blanket statement with regard to a bidder with fewer than 500 feedbacks. It may very well be a perfectly legit bidder, but we have all seen our share of high end cards resurface again, so I would not personally use that kind of blanket statement minutes after the auction ended. >>

Okay. I will assume the card gets paid for.

From the SMR:

A PSA Gem Mint 10 #216 Montana sold for $14,954 in 2014

The number of watchers on this auction correlates in my view with real demand and someone wanting to take this card home. The price is inline with recent sales.

• Options
    DP
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Wow that's a very mature comment. Go back to your dark alley LOL. >>

LOL
    LOL
    LOL >>

Let's see you've done 3358 posts since you joined this forum in jan 2014. You've averaged about 10 posts a day! Is this your full time job posting on this forum? LOL!!

• Options
    Rice finished higher then the prior max bid.

$11,988.88

• Options
    I'm actually only averaging 9.62 posts per day, so I'm still part time, hoping to work my way up to full time.

Almost forgot.... "LOL!"
  • Options
    ergoismergoism Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I can't tell if an account is a lurker finally starting to post, a genuine new member, an established or banned member's alt, or a troll or a combination of the above.
  • Options

<< <i>Joe Montana PSA 10

In my humble opinion, I don't understand why someone would sell their montana psa 10 rookie unless they needed the money. Montana is the undisputed greatest quarterback of all time. The population of 10's are relatively low compared to the demand. I foresee the montana psa 10 rookie will continue to increase in value in the future regardless of the economy and stock market.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Montana is the undisputed greatest quarterback of all time. /q]

Johnny Unitas and Otto Graham may beg to differ... I would suggest the word "arguably" rather than "undisputed." However, since you seem to prefer absolutes I'll assume that you'll continue to assert assumptions as fact.
  • Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't understand why someone would sell their montana psa 10 rookie unless they needed the money. >>

There are many reasons possible. For example, when a more desired or rarer card comes along that a collector wants, often it is very wise to sell condition-rare pieces, which can always be replaced down the line with either the same grade or better yet the same exact quality in a 9 holder for a fraction of the cost. Then there are times where one is holding a 10, then comes across a gorgeous 9, sees the cards look the same, and cashes out of the 10 to expand one's collection.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Montana is the undisputed greatest quarterback of all time. /q]

Johnny Unitas and Otto Graham may beg to differ... I would suggest the word "arguably" rather than "undisputed." However, since you seem to prefer absolutes I'll assume that you'll continue to assert assumptions as fact. >>

NFL network had Montana as the greatest QB of all time recently as well as most pundits. Unitas is arguably at best a top 3 QB. Graham the best are you serious?
  • Options
    Page turn.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Joe Montana PSA 10

I would not use such a declarative blanket statement with regard to a bidder with fewer than 500 feedbacks. It may very well be a perfectly legit bidder, but we have all seen our share of high end cards resurface again, so I would not personally use that kind of blanket statement minutes after the auction ended. >>

+1
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't understand why someone would sell their montana psa 10 rookie unless they needed the money. >>

There are many reasons possible. For example, when a more desired or rarer card comes along that a collector wants, often it is very wise to sell condition-rare pieces, which can always be replaced down the line with either the same grade or better yet the same exact quality in a 9 holder for a fraction of the cost. Then there are times where one is holding a 10, then comes across a gorgeous 9, sees the cards look the same, and cashes out of the 10 to expand one's collection. >>

Or maybe some people want to cash out their 10 in order to get more Jerry rice psa 8 rookies.image
  • Options
    You obviously have no idea who ergoism is. You really need to stop making a fool of yourself.
  • Options

<< <i>You obviously have no idea who ergoism is. You really need to stop making a fool of yourself. >>

Good job you are raising your average to almost 10 posts a day, almost full time nowimage
  • Options
    So being an athlete gives you special privileges on this forum?
    What if I told you I was an athlete too? Would you then start kissing my butt like you do his?
  • Options

<< <i>You obviously have no idea who ergoism is. >>

All the clues needed are in this thread.
  • Options

<< <i>So being an athlete gives you special privileges on this forum? >>

No special privileges, just that he doesn't need to pump up the price of an auction artificially and can easily afford as many 8s as he wants.
  • Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    remember the whole idea of the unopened moving irrationally high? well now with some of these prices, unopened might be looking very reasonable again?
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Mark Sanchez might kiss that butt, however, a purely unplanned accident.
  • Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Why does it have to be against the Giants? Can we get another pic in there?

• Options

<< <i>So being an athlete gives you special privileges on this forum?
    What if I told you I was an athlete too? Would you then start kissing my butt like you do his? >>

Yes, I have special privileges. I can post PSA 10 cards of myself.
  • Options
    Text Yes, I have special privileges. I can post PSA 10 cards of myself. 

Haha - now that is cool. Best I can do is get a PSA 10 of my college roommate.
  • Options

<< <i>Text Yes, I have special privileges. I can post PSA 10 cards of myself. 

Haha - now that is cool. Best I can do is get a PSA 10 of my college roommate. >>

I started off collecting PSA 10s of my uncle. Finally got his rookie in 10 last year. I'm still trying to get my rookie in a 10. After that I'll go for a PSA 10 of GBall16.
  • Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I started off collecting PSA 10s of my uncle. Finally got his rookie in 10 last year. I'm still trying to get my rookie in a 10. After that I'll go for a PSA 10 of GBall16. >>

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I started off collecting PSA 10s of my uncle. Finally got his rookie in 10 last year. I'm still trying to get my rookie in a 10. After that I'll go for a PSA 10 of GBall16. >>

image >>

• Options
    DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭

<< <i>

Haha - now that is cool. Best I can do is get a PSA 10 of my college roommate. >>

I started off collecting PSA 10s of my uncle. Finally got his rookie in 10 last year. I'm still trying to get my rookie in a 10. After that I'll go for a PSA 10 of GBall16. >>

Prove it image
  • Options

<< <i>

I started off collecting PSA 10s of my uncle. Finally got his rookie in 10 last year. I'm still trying to get my rookie in a 10. After that I'll go for a PSA 10 of GBall16. >>

Get ready to spend big bucks ergoism. I'm a handsome basketball hall of famerimage
  • Options

<< <i>

What if I told you I was an athlete too? Would you then start kissing my butt like you do his? >>

Yes, I have special privileges. I can post PSA 10 cards of myself. >>

What's VCP of your 10?
  • Options

<< <i>Mark Sanchez might kiss that butt, however, a purely unplanned accident. >>

+1
  • Options
    cardcountrycardcountry Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Joe Montana PSA 10

In my humble opinion, I don't understand why someone would sell their montana psa 10 rookie unless they needed the money. Montana is the undisputed greatest quarterback of all time. The population of 10's are relatively low compared to the demand. I foresee the montana psa 10 rookie will continue to increase in value in the future regardless of the economy and stock market. >>

Selling an expensive card while it is hot doesn't indicate a need for money in my book.

Jeff
    Jeff Foy/Dave Foy
    Card Country
    Graded stars 1950's-1980
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Joe Montana PSA 10

In my humble opinion, I don't understand why someone would sell their montana psa 10 rookie unless they needed the money. Montana is the undisputed greatest quarterback of all time. The population of 10's are relatively low compared to the demand. I foresee the montana psa 10 rookie will continue to increase in value in the future regardless of the economy and stock market. >>

Selling an expensive card while it is hot doesn't indicate a need for money in my book.

Jeff >>

I can see your point of view as you are a dealer.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

What's VCP of your 10? >>

VCP doesn't do new cards. My card in a 10 is worth at least $1.00.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

What's VCP of your 10? >>

VCP doesn't do new cards. My card in a 10 is worth at least $1.00. >>

Cool.
  • Options
    Ergo, I think may have you beat, homie-- my comic has a BIN of a whopping $5.99 right now (though some are an astronomical $1.30).

Comic

• Options

<< <i>Ergo, I think may have you beat, homie-- my comic has a BIN of a whopping $5.99 right now (though some are an astronomical $1.30).

Comic >>

Cool you write comic books? Do you collect comics too?
  • Options
    DP
  • Options
    TP
  • Options
    Mostly film and TV but also do the occasional video game, and that was my one foray into graphic novels/comics. First book "should" be out in 2016.