You might not be after you see this. image

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is just not right....image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like him better with his clothes on.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could have gone my entire life without seeing that, but since I can't unsee it, I just have to keep hoping that the bear eats him.
  • Options
    The Nude Bert Reynolds silver art bar was minted in 1973 by Arlington Coin Galleries according to my 4th edition Archie Kidd silver art bar guidebook. 1500 of these were minted according to this guidebook.

I do not see many of these but these can fetch high premiums on ebay based on the very few past ebay auctions that I saw on this art bar. Most of the nude bars that were minted in the 1970's were of nude females. As far as I know, the Nude Burt Reynolds silver art bar is the only nude male silver art bar that was minted in the 1970's.
    DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.
  • Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    I sure hope you paid back of melt for that.
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One for the ladies.

I'm glad he's hiding his bar.image
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    I had that centerfold hanging in my bathroom......image
    Becky
  • Options
    pakasmompakasmom Posts: 1,920
    With only 1500 minted, that might be a bar worth buying. Just need to try and market it the blue haired lady crowd. image
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>With only 1500 minted, that might be a bar worth buying. Just need to try and market it the blue haired lady crowd. image >>

Are you calling Dorkgirl a blue haired old lady? image
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    The bar looks better than the picture........ not so hairy!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

Please don't move your arm, Burt!

• Options
    pakasmompakasmom Posts: 1,920

<< <i>

<< <i>With only 1500 minted, that might be a bar worth buying. Just need to try and market it the blue haired lady crowd. image >>

Are you calling Dorkgirl a blue haired old lady? image >>

image Of course not! Becky was only 5yrs. old when she had the centerfold hanging in her bathroom. And I did NOT open that link provided by nibanny! image
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I can't tell, is his mustache anatomically correct? image
    and that bear rug he's laying on looks very comfortable I must say. Looks like he's ready to "shag someone baby".
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    I would rather see Dolly Parton in them silver bars. image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options

<< <i>I would rather see Dolly Parton in them silver bars. image >>

Actually there is a Dolly Parton silver bar that was minted in the 1970's. It is a Music City Mint (World Wide Mint) bar that was minted in 1974 but it is a rare bar with a mintage of only 100 according to the 4th edition Archie Kidd silver art bar price guide.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>

Actually there is a Dolly Parton silver bar that was minted in the 1970's. It is a Music City Mint (World Wide Mint) bar that was minted in 1974 but it is a rare bar with a mintage of only 100 according to the 4th edition Archie Kidd silver art bar price guide. >>

Not what Joe was expecting! image

The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    That Is NOT fair. image I was expecting Dolly on the bear rug as well. image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. They made dolly look terrible. image
  • Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    I need to make this thread right
  • Options

<< <i>I need to make this thread right
    image >>

image tydye!!!
  • Options

<< <i>I need to make this thread right
    image >>

Yep. She Marilyn looks good in silver. image

I suspect that this Marilyn Monroe bar is a Colonial Mint silver art bar that was minted in 1973. The Colonial Mint version of the Marilyn Monroe bar will have an "Incussed Reverse". In other words, the reverse side has an indention that is the shape of Marilyn Monroe but facing the other way. The front of that Colonial Mint bar it will have what appears to be a couple of letters that are located above her feet (as shown in this picture). The 4th edition Archie Kidd silver art bar price guide lists a mintage number of 10,000. These are serial numbered and the serial number is located on the edge of the bar. I have seen these listed on ebay and I have seen most ebay winning bids that range from as low as $45 to as high as $65.00 on ebay. I have seen some go higher than that but most of the winning bids seem to fall in the $45 to $65 range on ebay.

There was a Nude Marilyn Monroe bar that was minted by the World Wide Mint that was minted in1984. The World Wide Mint version of the Nude Marilyn Monroe bar will have a reverse side will have an oval that is stamped "One Troy Ounce .999 Fine Silver" along with the "WWM" initials under that weight and purity stamp that is inside that oval. The 4th edition Archie Kidd silver art bar guide book lists a mintage number of 2000 for the World Wide Mint version of Marylin Monroe. Those tend to fetch decent premiums on ebay at close to the same premium as the 1973 Colonial Mint version.

According to the 6th edition of the Archie Kidd silver art bar price guide, there was also a Robert E. Westfall version of the Nude Marylin Monroe silver art bar that was minted in 1990. The reverse side of that one will have a "Big 1" in the middle along with the weight and purity stamp.

Without the picture of the reverse side of this bar, then I am going to guess that you have the 1973 Colonial Mint version of the Nude Marylin Monroe silver art bar.

In my opinion, the 1973 Colonial Mint version of Marilyn Monroe silver art bar is the best one that was minted and it is a keeper because of the incussed reverse. Actually any Marilyn Monroe bar (or round) is a keeper but if I was forced to choose only one to have, then it is the 1973 Colonial Mint version.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

........in ultra high relief.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a nude burt reynolds. im even less of a fan now. how about mary ann from gilligans island image
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    How about Beyonce? It would have to be a 5 oz'er though image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.