Home Precious Metals
Options

90% Question

Have about 80 dollars face. Dimes, quarters,halves. Am I better off putting it here in lots of 10.00 face to give newcomers a chance on small quantity or just sell as an 80.00 lot.
I usually do free shipping image

Comments

• Options
    Tough call , you'll make more dough splitting it into 8 x 10 lots probably but far less hassle selling it all to one guy.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    build up your posts and have lots of references and it won't matter how much you have for sale image
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭✭
    I would offer it in lots / multiples of $10 but consider giving a small break to someone who orders more than one. If you are covering the shipping, the larger orders do save you some money.

• Options
    AcesCrackedAcesCracked Posts: 189 ✭✭
    Thanks for all the quick responses. Will post it this week. Have some references here and plenty from E-Bay

Tom
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would offer it in lots / multiples of $10 but consider giving a small break to someone who orders more than one. If you are covering the shipping, the larger orders do save you some money. >>

References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    "Anybody But Dallas" going after the Texas collectors? image
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I prefer to sell in larger Lots, so I'd probably go the $80 way...and if doesn't work out within a reasonable amount of time, there's plenty of other outlets either on the web or sell it locally.
    If you pay for shipping, that means you'll incur 8 fees rather than just 1 or 2...or even none if you sell it locally. Build up some trading relationships here and locally and you wont have much trouble moving what you want to. All jmho.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    aclocoacloco Posts: 952 ✭✭✭
    Or....let BST market tell you what the market wants.

Offer $40, $20, $10, $10 face value lots. image
    Successful BST transactions with: jp84, WaterSport, Stupid, tychojoe, Swampboy, dragon, Jkramer, savoyspecial, ajaan, tyedye, ProofCollection, Broadstruck x2, TwinTurbo, lordmarcovan, devious, bumanchu, AUandAG, Collectorcoins (2x), staircoins, messydesk, illini420, nolawyer (10x & counting), peaceman, bruggs, agentjim007, ElmerFusterpuck, WinLoseWin, RR, WaterSports, KeyLargRareCoins, LindeDad, Flatwoods, cucamongacoin, grote15, UtahCoin, NewParadigm, smokincoin, sawyerjosh x3
  • Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭

<< <i>build up your posts and have lots of references and it won't matter how much you have for sale image >>

Agreed.
  • Options
    Exit 90% as quickly as possible on the shorthest road traveled. You'll thank me later. Otherwise, dont buy unless you KNOW you can dump it somewhere

It's fun to hold and pick thru, but a burden to hold too long. Take it from someone who knows having "held" alot of it the last dozen or so years.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Exit 90% as quickly as possible on the shorthest road traveled. You'll thank me later. Otherwise, dont buy unless you KNOW you can dump it somewhere

It's fun to hold and pick thru, but a burden to hold too long. Take it from someone who knows having "held" alot of it the last dozen or so years. >>

I thought you liked silver. Why are you so down on 90%? Do you anticipate a drop in silver prices?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    I thought you liked silver. Why are you so down on 90%? Do you anticipate a drop in silver prices?

I love Silver the most of all pm's, but were talking about 90% in this thread.
    I use 90% as a tool to buy, then sell, to buy the .999 Silver I want. There's more flexibility in the pricing of 90% in my opinion compared to .999, therefore it moves quicker and greater profit can be realized than .999 which is a slave ot whatever Spot is. At least that's been my experience with it, so I can move it quicker to hopefully realize some profit so I can then by the .999 I really want.
    Then I try to buy .999 in volume when I come across it and then resell the .999 that I dont want and keep the bars I truly want for my stash/collection. Make sense?
    It's kind of a vicious circle, but I've found it works for me anyway.
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭✭
    Gotta be fun at tax time filling out all those separate transactions...
  • Options
    lol...that's what my wife gets paid for.
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More and more of my customers over the past 2 years have switched to buying .999 rather than 90%. It was about 50/50 2 years ago, and now roughly 95% prefer .999.

• Options
    http://www.bulliondirect.com/nucleo/lp/US90_Silver_Coins_$10_Face_(pre1965)_(7.15_oz).html

The buy is 245 and the ask is 248.25. There is also a 1% transaction fee. Total about 2% . You can also sell in lots of 1000 ounces without much more. I don't understand the issue of not holding 90%. Its easy to buy and easy to sell and a spread of 2-3%, what more can you ask for??

The 100oz bars of .999 have about a 3% spread and a 1% commission too.
  • Options
    I don't understand the issue of not holding 90%. Its easy to buy and easy to sell and a spread of 2-3%, what more can you ask for??
    I agree, I just use it as a means to build profit/capital to get what I really want though, which is .999.