Options

ANACS Photo Cert article I wrote

2»

Comments

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks.

When did ANAAB cease operation?

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CaptHenway said:
    Thanks.

When did ANAAB cease operation?

November 2002 according to Conder

https://www.ngccoin.com/boards/topic/411756-ana-authentication-bureau/

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    56morgan56morgan Posts: 37 ✭✭✭

Bob48- Thank you for your research and documentation. I am still looking for a type 1 Washington D.C. cert to finish my set, yet another interesting way to collect coins.

• Options
    bob48bob48 Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

The new cert found by Conder101 I am calling a type 4.1 It is the type 4 label with the MM ruler on the reverse.
    I do have one but I can't get pictures loaded on this forum.
    If you would like to see it, PM me and I can send you the picture.
    Also anyone I send it to, If you can get picture in here you could post it for all to see,
    Thanks

Bob

• Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have bunches of these....

• Options

• Options

@fivecents said:

@bob48 Great article!

I would like to donate all of these Photo certifacations to you if you want them.
    I do want to keep a couple for myself.

Just PM me and i'll ship them out to you.

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, I gotta say it...

"All cert and no coin"

Grin, duck & RUN

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    56morgan56morgan Posts: 37 ✭✭✭

Here are some hastily shot 4.1 ANACS photo certificates.

• Options

@BStrauss3 said:
    Oh, I gotta say it...

"All cert and no coin"

Grin, duck & RUN

I'm just a paper tiger then I guess. :)

• Options

Thanks to all of you.
    PM sent to you. Thanks fivecents

Bob

• Options

to 56morgan
    Those two type 4.1 look great, thanks for posting the pictures of them.

Anyone got a type 1 cert to show a picture of?
    I have one, no coin as it is a G$10 Eagle but the cert in hand looks different then what I have in the article. The cert and picture are the same but the article picture is just misleading as to how it really looks.

Bob

• Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have one, I'll pull out and look tomorrow.

Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    86Saab86Saab Posts: 202 ✭✭✭

@bob48
    I just missed out on this one yesterday, someone bought it as I was putting it in my cart. I'm sorry it got away, there can't be too many of these out there. It's a Type 8 transfer but is dated later than Type 8's were supposed to have been made according to your article. Any thoughts?

• Options

Nice type-8 transfer. maybe the person that bought also noticed it was a transfer.
    This is the first one I have seen.
    As far as the late date goes, that is just the transfer date, Don't know why it was not put on a type-9 photo cert.

Bob

• Options
    Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bob48 said:
    Nice type-8 transfer. maybe the person that bought also noticed it was a transfer.
    This is the first one I have seen.
    As far as the late date goes, that is just the transfer date, Don't know why it was not put on a type-9 photo cert.

I was the lucky one who scored it.
    Not in hand yet...
    I did buy because it's a transfer, only transfer I have ever seen for sale.
    Cool Capitol plastic too.

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• Options

I missed that one on eBay. But the title of the coin did not use "photo" in it anywhere.
    Nice holder too!
    Many years ago when I started looking for these I found a lot of transfers, no one was really collecting them until I released my article, then it was over two years before things settled down enough and I could start buying them again. I do have 56 certs with the coins, but I now have a lot of just pictures that were sent to me by fivecents.
    Congrats on the Photo cert. Sandman70gt

Bob

• Options
    86Saab86Saab Posts: 202 ✭✭✭

Congrats to @Sandman70gt you got me by seconds. I will have to be content that I was able to score a standard type 8 which I needed from the seller the next day. Now I just have to find a Type 1...

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

here is an old anacs submission form for those who would like to see one?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file