Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

I got me an itsy bitsy newp

On impulse, I bid on this in a Pegasi online auction and won. This coin is from Antioch, a Crusader state, during the reign of Bohemund III (1163-1201), and is a AR Denier, weighing in at a whopping 0.98gm. It'll go nicely with my Anglo-Saxon (and early British) minor coins.

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A common coin, I picked one up for $34 on ebay global last year. They are very cool coins though. Yours is a excellent example.
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Bronzemat. I paid substantially more for mine than you did for yours, but I wouldn't say that I paid a substantial sum when compared to the Talers and Seated Dollars that I also collect. In any case, I think this coin is quite attractive. The seller graded it aXF, and it looks appropriate enough...

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    They are cool little coins. One of my very first hammered coin purchases was one very much like that type.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is an awfully nice profile. I bet it was worth the price.
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it. I had one just like it stolen from my antique mall case a few years back. It wasn't a big monetary loss, but it was interesting what the thieves took. They got that coin and some early-dated 1500s stuff, but left more valuable Liteside coins in the case. Weird. A thief with Darkside tastes.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Very eclectic choice! Sounds like a Darkside collector thief to me! image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3