Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

DPOTD nomination for Zohar

...for his Salzburg thread, recently resurrected, a superb presentation of the city combined with numismatics. Wybrit and I had already recommended Zohar's thread for that award back then, but we never proceeded to officially award it. Fantastic images, great write up, and a very clever intrusion of his talers to it. So, no, we do not distribute them as smarties lately, Zohar should have accumulated half a dozen already.

Agree? image

Edited title.
Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3

Comments

• WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    I will second that nomination. image
  • I'll third this, so be it!image

We need a little trophy pic made up for such an occasion.
  • marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I concur too !

He has moved my interest along the way in that direction...who knows...

It also takes a very selfless person to devote so much time in putting together the wonderful posts and presentation of said drool material!

Kudos and Kol-Hakavod which means you suck! image

• ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all - do I hear a "You Suck" award?

Really appreciate it.
  • Here you go, wear it proudly.image

• harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure helped the micro-economy from my end! image
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats- well deserved

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zohar's posts are always informative and the Salzburg threat is great. I second the nomination as well.
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just a visitor in these environs but I sure do know DPOTD when I see one. image

• << <i>I'm just a visitor in these environs but I sure do know DPOTD when I see one. image >>

I agree with you on that one. It indeed is a great post. Thanks Zohar for sharing.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such a thread would've been booed as being "off topic" on the Liteside, and might have resulted in a nasty PM or two, if my recent experiences are any indicator.

Small wonder I'm a Darksider at heart. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you think the attitudes are different between the 2 forums? Is it that the liteside is more investor oriented making it competitive? Dimitri indicated the same a few weeks back.
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More telling than a comparison with any other forum, the reality is darksiders regard each other as gentleman and ladies.
    How unique is that in this day and age?
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is it that the liteside is more investor oriented making it competitive? >>

I think that's part of it. By no means should one paint all the Litesiders with the same broad brush, of course, but the priorities are different over there and that forum draws folks with a different mindset. That's not all bad, but it's definitely a stark contrast sometimes.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Such a thread would've been booed as being "off topic" on the Liteside, and might have resulted in a nasty PM or two, if my recent experiences are any indicator.

Small wonder I'm a Darksider at heart. image >>

I believe that Zohar's opening post in that thread, included 2-3 of his beautiful talers along with his great photography and write up about the place. So, I'd disagree that it was an OT thread, let alone that OT threads or comments can still be nominated, such as harasha's most recent example a few days ago.

Small wonder we're all Darksiders at heart. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3