Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Thanks Justacommenman! PICS!! And all the other members helping with my box 20

drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
I wanted to thank Mark for his advice on my box of twenty and getting me off to a great start with my first purchase. We were discussing the Lincoln commem currently at Heritage (which is already at 7k and way out of my range) and Mark found this beautiful Lincoln in a 65+ PCGS (at Bozarth Numismatics for about 1/10 of the cost of the 66 at Heritage) I also wanted to thank all the other members who have offered advice on the boards and by PM with my project. Mark will soon post photos for me as I am quite the technotard.

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's a thread without pictures of your new purchase! Congrat's. MJ

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    erickso1erickso1 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭
    Wow, pretty Lincoln. Is this going to be a box of 20 in the general sense or a box of 20 commems?
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a very well struck coin and deserving of the grade. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    This will be a box of twenty of my favorite coin designs in ms and pr- moderns and classics. My plan is to get the most eye appealing coin I can find at one level below big jumps in price. For example a Seated half in pr64 cam is generally about half the cost of a 65. This will be a fun project and the hard part will be being patient enough to wait for the super nice coins. Some coins definitely on my want list are a Conecticut half, Barber half (ms or pr),Seated half (ms or pr) a pr Indian cent and the panpac $2.5. I have a $5 and $10 Indian as well as an UHR for the box (but may upgrade the Indians) Still looking and thinking about the others.
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MJ's a great guy.

Very pretty Lincoln. image
  • Options
    richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    Very attractive commem. Congrats!

I have one that is very similar in appearance.
  • Options
    TAMU15TAMU15 Posts: 577 ✭✭
    Thats a great coin. I made it and sold it to Vic.

B
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    very very nice look about it...image
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    Sweet!
    Bruce Scher
  • Options
    Even non-fans of the series can appreciate that beauty, Well bought!
  • Options

<< <i>My plan is to get the most eye appealing coin I can find at one level below big jumps in price. >>

Very nice Lincoln and an excellent collecting strategy. You found one at 1/2 level below the big jump too!

Mark
    The Secret Of Success Law:
    Discover all unpredictable errors before they occur.
  • Options
    I don't collecto commems but the Lincoln is one that I would purchase,It is my fav by far.I really like that one and the way it is toned. That is a very handsome Lincoln commem.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great find, congratulations !!!
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think type is a wonderful way to collect and that your new Lincoln is very attractive.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    Abe is looking pretty good. Nice commem. image

Mike
  • Options
    CommemDudeCommemDude Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very pretty color on an issue that is hard to find that way. Good luck with your box of 20 !
    Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • Options
    IrishMikeyIrishMikey Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭
    I like it -- very nice! What next?
  • Options
    MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think type is a wonderful way to collect and that your new Lincoln is very attractive. >>

MJ's pretty cool. image
  • Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    Great Lincoln commem and just enough rim toning to give it some great personality! Nice!
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    imageimage
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    melvin289melvin289 Posts: 3,019
    Great looking Lincoln. I put together 2 coins over half the 144 piece set and for whatever reason never bought a Lincoln. I have never quite figured out why.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bozarth has nice coins at decent prices.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file