Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Congrats to TN Franklins - 1st to 100% Franklin Variety Set!

A big congratulations to Tennessee Franklins for being the first to 100% completion and also #1 for the Franklin Variety Circulation Registry Set! I know he's put a lot of work into building this set! Anyone else working on the set knows how difficult some of these varieties are!

This set has the only 1954-D Bugs certified by PCGS and one of the three 1952 Bugs. These are the toughest Bugs dates in the set.

You'll have some more work to do once the new CPG listings are added to the composition but that's the fun part!

Franklin Complete Variety Set

FBL Franklin Complete Variety Set

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow... great achievement.. Congratulations... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    bigtime congrats
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on a tough endeavor!
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's another thread running where someone made the first 1960 Bugs Bunny variety in a PCGS holder, and it shows a FS number on the tag. Is there a reason that coin is not included in the "complete varieties" registry when obviously PCGS recognizes it?

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options

<< <i>There's another thread running where someone made the first 1960 Bugs Bunny variety in a PCGS holder, and it shows a FS number on the tag. Is there a reason that coin is not included in the "complete varieties" registry when obviously PCGS recognizes it?

Sean Reynolds >>

The new CPG listings haven't been added to the composition yet. I heard it would be sometime in March.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A major commitment and a major milestone!

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Victory just seems so fleeting! image
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>There's another thread running where someone made the first 1960 Bugs Bunny variety in a PCGS holder, and it shows a FS number on the tag. Is there a reason that coin is not included in the "complete varieties" registry when obviously PCGS recognizes it?

Sean Reynolds >>

The new CPG listings haven't been added to the composition yet. I heard it would be sometime in March. >>

Ah, thanks. I guess Tennessee Franklins should enjoy his accomplishment while it lasts. image

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great accomplishment. It's very hard to finish any complete variety set.

Way to go!!
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not a registry guy, but that is a tough set period.
    Congrats are in order.
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Great accomplishment. It's very hard to finish any complete variety set.

Way to go!! >>

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Becky

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file