Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin show sales

I have an assortment of 90% (about $400-$500 face) that I was looking to unload in one transaction at the upcoming show(s) in Vegas. Is there a particular booth you'd recommend visiting for such a transaction or would it be best to just submit it to APMEX for about 24.4x face at the current spot price?

Also what places are best to see about selling type coins in the $300-$2000 range and $5000-$10,000 range.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not try the BST right here??? Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭
    I don't who comes to this show, but try these dealers if they are there:

SilverTowne
    Coleman Foster

Edited to add: If you don't mind shipping stuff, I'm sure you can make a couple more bucks selling your items right here on the BST Forum. There would be lots of eyes on your stuff and might net you more profit.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a dealer at our local show with his own coin counter [he always shows up with it]. Seemed like it was running constantly. Sunday morning his neighbor a table or 2 over said that on Saturday he counted either $42,000 face or $42,000 metal value and would probably get $6 or $7K gross profit from it. Someone in years past must have purchased a large amount of maybe 5 ounce size silver bars. The dealer's wife had a whole binder of these in unopened business size envelopes that she was opening.
  • Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Just go to the show and ask for the buy price on 90%. You'll find out quick where to sell to. I'd even ask someone that maybe doesn't look like they do much in that where the best place to sell is.
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just go to the show and ask for the buy price on 90%. You'll find out quick where to sell to. I'd even ask someone that maybe doesn't look like they do much in that where the best place to sell is. >>

That's what I often do at shows. Just ask around. That's often how I finance my purchases. Sometimes there's a little glitch if the show is on a weekend and the metals markets aren't open. You might end up taking a little hit on your return if the buyer is worried about where prices might 'open' when trading resumes. I remember some show where nobody wanted to touch the stuff and if they did, it was off 10% markets closing price. Most times though, they'll be plenty of offers.
    Have fun!

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file