Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coinstar find

Yahoo!! The Coinstar return had 3 dimes in it today, including a '64-D and a 1947.
I collect circulated U.S. silver

Comments

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    yayyyyyyyyy..always a nice lil surprise when it's silver.image
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anybody think the owners of Coinstar,are coin collectors?My satisfaction owning those machines would just to receive Silver,rare coins,errors and who knows,maybe some people are naive enough to throw some Gold away?image

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Becky
  • Options
    imageimageimageimage

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

<< <i>Does anybody think the owners of Coinstar,are coin collectors?My satisfaction owning those machines would just to receive Silver,rare coins,errors and who knows,maybe some people are naive enough to throw some Gold away?image >>

You'd be a disappointed collector , those machines reject silver and i'd imagine gold too.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet, congrats!
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i never have any luck with the coinstar machines. oh well, move on
  • Options
    Raybob15239Raybob15239 Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You'd be a disappointed collector , those machines reject silver and i'd imagine gold too. >>

Some vending machines do as well. Was waiting for a woman to make a choice and her dime kept getting rejected. She asked if I had a dime to trade her. I did. Then looked at her dime. 1963. image
    Successful B/S/T transactions: As Seller: PascoWA (June 2008); MsMorrisine (April 2009); ECHOES (July 2009) As Buyer: bfjohnson (July 2008); robkool (Dec 2010); itsnotjustme (Dec 2010) TwoSides2aCoin (Dec 2018) PrivateCoin Jan 2019
  • Options
    I'll get my " Sah - Weet" in before the "hope you gave her $2 crowd arrive" image
  • Options
    Raybob15239Raybob15239 Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭
    I did not notice it was silver until much later. There was no one to give it to!
    Successful B/S/T transactions: As Seller: PascoWA (June 2008); MsMorrisine (April 2009); ECHOES (July 2009) As Buyer: bfjohnson (July 2008); robkool (Dec 2010); itsnotjustme (Dec 2010) TwoSides2aCoin (Dec 2018) PrivateCoin Jan 2019
  • Options
    PRIZ430PRIZ430 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    After reading about all the finds you all have been having at your local Coinstar machines.......today I figured I would check mine....so while I was leaving the supermarket, with groceries in hand......I past by the Coinstar machine and checked the reject bin....there lay ......4 pennies....one copper & 3 newer zinc....1 clad roosevelt.......AND.....one 1944 Mercury......what a nice way to start a Saturday.......
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    I wouldn't know where to find a coinstar if I wanted to
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    welcome n congrats there priz430

onetime i was with a lil daughter in law...schooling her on...always peek in on coinstar reject bins...
    i'll be dammed if there wasn't like close to $7. in misc change...needless to say...she's a hooked lil looker too...image
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am still waiting to find "any" kind of coin in a Coinstar return.
  • Options
    A guy I know worked for them a few years back. The coins didn't always reject, and would drop in to a metal box in the machine. He would find Morgans and Peace dollars in there, up to about 10 or so last I heard. He wouldn't sell them to me.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool, congrats!
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    There must be a lot of people around me that know about coinstar machines because like Johnny9434 I never have any luck finding anything in the reject tray.
    Successful BST with Nolawyer, Whitetornado, Messydesk, whit, lasvegasteddy,cohodk,allcoinsrule, watersport, blackhawk, tonedase, PRoemisch
  • Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recieved a 1906 IHC (fine condition) from the change thingy at the self checkout from Dominick's today, first time in a long time! image
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will add to the 'never find anything' chorus.... the checkout clerks keep a close eye on the machine in my local market. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    gene2393gene2393 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭
    i dont even remember the last place ive seen a coin star
  • Options
    You guy's don't see them because I cover them up,hide them from the public! These are only my machines.imageimageimage In the end it's all Timing and luck!Good hunting!

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    checked again today and still nothing. ( sigh ) some day

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file