Home Metal Detecting
Options

Poll: should members be allowed to sell relics and dug stuff and detector equipment here?

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
This in response to JamesMurray's recent thread.

My take on it is yes, members should be allowed to sell stuff here on this forum, since we're still kind of small and sleepy and friendly, and I don't think we need a separate BST. This worked OK on the World Coin Forum until it got its own associated BST forum.

I don't think we need a separate MD Forum BST- there's no need to burden the mods with creating that. But for me personally, I wouldn't object to "For Sale" threads here if it was done discreetly and no more than one active selling post per member at any given time.

What say you?

I can't even remember if there is a "Buy/Sell/Trade Miscellaneous" forum here.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    FWIW, if past precedence counts for anything, people have bought and sold extra detectors and the odd item or two here over the years. I'm pretty sure I've done it myself, though I cannot recall any specifics. Nor can I remember there ever having been any problem with it.

Rather than burden the mods with creating a whole new forum, we could just be self-governing and/or I suppose we could link SM1 up to this thread to get his input on it. If need be, he could post a "sticky" at the top with "Rules For Selling In This Forum", sort of along the lines of what he has posted at the top of the US Coin BST forum.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Yeah...i shouldn't have used the term BST , i kinda was thinking along the lines how they do things in the PM forum LM , they have one thread for anything being offered , i voted for a Yeah..could be cool
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, but would also say that more than one thread (different item) would be OK for a month.. say two or three. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    What about the monthly sale thread where each person grabs a spot on the monthly thread. This way there is only 12 per year.

• Options

<< <i>What about the monthly sale thread where each person grabs a spot on the monthly thread. This way there is only 12 per year. >>

I think that idea has some merit, Ray. Perhaps SM1 can be persuaded to do us up a sticky "MD Forum Marketplace" thread along the lines of the "Bargain Bin" thread in the US Coins BST. Except maybe without the $100 max price and the prohibition against eBay links.

PS- I'm photographing a nice lot of fossil shark teeth that were found yesterday by a new buddy of mine, only about a mile from my house. With eight or nine pieces, they'd probably take up too much space in my regular coin BST thread, considering how small my current offerings of coins is. It would be dandy to lay 'em out here.

• Options
    Let me see what I can do for you folks

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks SM1.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Yay! Thanks, SM1!

(I shot him a link to this, requesting guidance.)

• Options
    Thanks SM1 & LM : )
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    I'm willing to give it a shot. No one is twisting arms to buy and if it goes bad we can always back track.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm willing to give it a shot. No one is twisting arms to buy and if it goes bad we can always back track. >>

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Did we ever get the all clear on this ? Ive had a couple of hours outside as the weathers been great recently , copper just rots in the ground here but the silver...ahhh..the silver
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why not as long as it does not litter up the place. if it does then pull the post and do away with everything else. jmo