Home Metal Detecting

What about making a thread for each particular MD that we own?

Basically you make a thread concerning the MD that you own (Show a picture and description). Then you can talk about your ventures with each MD. This would help us newbs chose a detector. I think showing the items that you dug with your particular detector would be great.

What do you think?
Ray

PS. How many people are on this site? (Metal Detecting site that is)

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure how many check in here Ray, but only a few are regular posters. A make/model specific thread is a good idea, I have seen it on other forums. However, that would mean I would be on six separate threads... imageimage Cheers, RickO
  • mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am not sure how many check in here Ray, but only a few are regular posters. A make/model specific thread is a good idea, I have seen it on other forums. However, that would mean I would be on six separate threads... imageimage Cheers, RickO >>

Holy smokes.... You have six detectors? I would love to hear reviews from you. Let me know if you ever take the time.

Thanks,
    Ray
    Ray,
    My MD's are selected for specific applications.. the V3 is great for land hunting (I am a cache hunter rather than just a coin/park hunter) and is the creme de la creme of MD's - state of the art. The Dual Surf is great for beaches and in the water - like to waist deep etc., The TDI is a great prospecting machine, and the GMT is also good for nuggets (not quite the machine that the TDI is, but a good performer for streams or land nugget shooting). The DFX was the king of MD's until the V3i came along and still is a fantastic machine. I have one other surf/beach hunter, an older model, as a backup for my Dual Surf.
    Cheers, RickO
    Ray,
    One other tip, the site www.metaldetectingforum.com is a great forum for MD'rs, combining knowledgeable, helpful people with respect and humor. I recommend it highly.
    Cheers, RickO