Home Metal Detecting
Options

Do we have a BST in here ?

Should we ? I was thinking about this and wondered if it would be a popular idea among users of this section of the forum. Used equipment or finds might be interesting.

Comments

• Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    At first I was like... don't we have a full forum for that... But then you said "Equipment and Finds"... There might be something there.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be a good idea.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    We need an old timer to run it like Sports Mod does the US one maybe ..oversee it ..Id vote you or PCGS69 who have both been regulars in here when it was a ghost town. I think it would be worthwhile , i picked up a pinpointer on one MD forum a couple years ago.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this forum is small enough and friendly enough that folks could just post stuff for sale if they put "SSP" in the title ("shameless self promotion"), or just "for sale". It wouldn't bother me as long as there weren't dozens of SSP threads by the same person. I've become a clearinghouse for some dug relics and fossils found by my local buddies, and I've been putting them in the "Miscellaneous" portion of my coin BST threads, but it might be nice to put them out here.

I suppose we could do a poll on whether or not everyone agrees that it's OK to sell stuff here. Before it had its own BST, we used to openly sell stuff on the World & Ancient Coin Forum with the understanding that there would be "SSP" in the title and usually a modest giveaway to go with each SSP thread.

I can launch the poll if you don't want to, JM. I for one vote it's OK, within reason. We're still a small and close-knit bunch like the World coin forum was in the old days.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Thats very good of you LM , would you please ? With the old school support from you guys it might just fly , i sometimes find arrowheads or points as ive learned to call them in the veggie garden after ploughing , i tend to send those home to Scotland as my brothers a big collector of such things.
    I'll look forward to this and responses when you find the time LM , thanks man : )
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Done.

I for one would like a place to sell or swap dug relics and fossil shark teeth and stuff. I've trickled a little bit of that out into my regular coin forum BST but have tried to keep it low key since it would be off-topic if I mixed too much of it in with my non-dug coins.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea, I think it would work well - limited audience, but certainly a focused audience. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea! If you can keep it small.
  • Options
    You could do it on the Stamp Forum, no one would ever notice since no one goes there anyway.

Ron

Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.