Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Roosevelt dime 1996-W for 50th, what will Kennedy half 50th in 2013 be???

Ideas?

An end to the series with some fiftieth anniversary commemorative would be great!

Comments

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The end of the series and a new Half Dollar coin would be my vote image Something w/o a President on it!!

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The end of the series and a new Half Dollar coin would be my vote image Something w/o a President on it!! >>

AMEN
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The end of the series and a new Half Dollar coin would be my vote image Something w/o a President on it!! >>

Right on, Brother!!!!!!!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    at this point every kennedy is a special issue
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree... A new dime and half WITHOUT a president.... return to some artistic rendition of liberty or an equally representative symbol of America. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    EagleguyEagleguy Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    The end of the series and a new Half Dollar coin would be my vote image Something w/o a President on it!!

They should have put the state parks on the half.

YES and YES!
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options

<< <i>An end to the series with some fiftieth anniversary commemorative would be great! >>

Maybe with a couble of double dies image
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't usually comment on these types of things this way, but I agree with the above and would add a little more direction to it....."Something without a REAL person (who lived) on it!".
    I am fine with a depiction of Liberty (which I think the country needs right now) and I don't want it to be something/someone that folks will be divided on thinking it was done for political or "equal opportunity" reasons.

So, depictions of Liberty, birds, animals, flowers, etc, are all fine with me

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

So, depictions of Liberty, birds, animals, flowers, etc, are all fine with me >>

What he said.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

So, depictions of Liberty, birds, animals, flowers, etc, are all fine with me >>

What he said. >>

Oh yeah, I also do not want......any states, any national parks, any specific theme to any ethniticity, etc.
    Give me Liberty or give ....... image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Schmitz7Schmitz7 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭
    How about selling the space on our coins to the company that is willing to pay the most for the advertising. Helps pay off the interest that is accruing on our national debt.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Hey Hey, Ho Ho, Dead Presidents Gotsta Go."

Please get rid of Abe, Tom, Franklin, George and John asap and replace them with something other than another president [living or dead].

However, given the times we live in, it would not surprise me to see the mint produce coins with a "Rainbow" on the obverse to memorialize "Diversity".

"Diversity" is so much more progressive, uplifting, empowering and PC than "Liberty", don't you think?
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1964 + 50 = 2014

no one said this yet?
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    NPD1078NPD1078 Posts: 110 ✭✭

<< <i>How about selling the space on our coins to the company that is willing to pay the most for the advertising. Helps pay off the interest that is accruing on our national debt. >>

imageimage
    NPD1078

I have completed positive sales and purchses from the following members:
    jclovescoins, dpoole, dmarks, guysmiling, Ducky1100 , piecesofme, ericj96 ,Classof67, ModernCoin, MrOrganic, 53BKid, nychad10, GUINZO1975, derryb (3 times), PinkFloyd
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"Hey Hey, Ho Ho, Dead Presidents Gotsta Go."

Please get rid of Abe, Tom, Franklin, George and John asap and replace them with something other than another president [living or dead].

However, given the times we live in, it would not surprise me to see the mint produce coins with a "Rainbow" on the obverse to memorialize "Diversity".

"Diversity" is so much more progressive, uplifting, empowering and PC than "Liberty", don't you think? >>

She can be my Miss Liberty anytime:

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second the "Anything but presidents" group. I wish the state park quarters had been the half dollars instead as well. Maybe have Teddy Roosevelt on the obverse since he was such a champion of national parks.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options

<< <i>"Diversity" is so much more progressive, uplifting, empowering and PC than "Liberty", don't you think? >>

No!

• Options

<< <i>1964 + 50 = 2014

no one said this yet? >>

Uh-oh, this old argument again.

It depends on what one counts as "year 1". Is it the first coin that rolls off (hence, 1964 counts as 1 itself) or is it the anniversary of 1 year passage for that (which means 1965 would be year 1).

For all intent, I would say to count starting from 1964.

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be a Kennedy coin set... three coins including a reverse proof, matte finish proof and a dual dated silver half with the eternal flame on the other side. The mintage will be limited to 500,000. There will also be a single gold version of the dual date released with a max mintage of 25,000.....
  • Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
    << 1964 + 50 = 2014

no one said this yet? >>

Uh-oh, this old argument again.

It depends on what one counts as "year 1". Is it the first coin that rolls off (hence, 1964 counts as 1 itself) or is it the anniversary of 1 year passage for that (which means 1965 would be year 1).

For all intent, I would say to count starting from 1964.
    -------------------------------------

True, but remember the OP based this on the example of the 1996-W Roosevelt dime (1946-1996) so there is a precident already in place to support 2014

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote for a redesign of each coin. Eliminate the cent and nickel. New slightly larger copper dime, nickel-size quarter, quarter-size half, and a Kennedy-sized dollar. I'd like to see a nice $5 coin too. That would get us slightly closer to what coins are supposed to be worth. You'd see fewer 5-gallon buckets full of loose change, thereby greatly reducing minting costs.

Of course we'd need new designs all around with depictions of Liberty or US themes - similar to 1920s coinage. How about bison, antelope, cougars, and of course an eagle for the dollar reverse?
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the grave...
  • Options
  • Options
    misterRmisterR Posts: 2,305 ✭✭

I noticed on the mint website that 2013 Kennedys will not be available until June 2013.

Isn't that later than usual?
    Maybe something is "in the works"?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file