Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Paid way too much for this Buffalo...

...but somehow couldn't resist. Holder is scratchy; probably needs a new one.

image

Comments

  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

    ...image...... image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    You didn't pay too much if you like it. image
  • Options
    What is the grade?
  • Options
    at least it isn't a 38
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the missing "S" variety. image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Not really looking for much these days but if I were, it might be a toner. :smile:
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

    ...that would be one extra fine purchase if it were a "S" mint. there's not a lot of 26-S's in that kind of shape that come cheap. image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options


    << <i>You didn't pay too much if you like it. image >>

    I go along with this saying, the last coin I bought I know I paid to much but I have spent several hours since I bought it admiring it and that is worth money in entertainment . Gee, I look at things funny when it comes to coins.
  • Options


    << <i>What is the grade? >>



    It's in a PCGS MS64 holder.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 24,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beautiful coin- look at the reverse and that says it all

    Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice pick up
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't feel bad, I paid way too much for a Gorgious Proof Jeff
    a while back + money without the plus, but its the nicest one
    I've seen.

    Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking Buff! It`s easy to see why you stepped up for that one...Congrats

    ABimage
  • Options
    I don't even own a slabbed Buffalo and I believe I would have spent the money for that one. Beautiful.

    Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree with the others here.... That Buff is a STUNNER!!
    The coin is worth whatever younwere willing to pay for it.... Might as well enjoy it....
    Sweet coin

    Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

  • Options
    Thanks, Everyone! I feel better now!!
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    image
    Becky
  • Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The image certainly is attractive, but is the 26 P so hard to find as nice as this that said coin is worth a strong premium?

    I ask because I see nice coins selling all of the time for more than I want to pay. Invariably, I wait, and I find the coin(s) I want at my price. Now if the coin at issue is a tough date and you have been looking for one for more than a year, I can see stepping up for it. Otherwise, I wait. There are some dealers whose wares I never even consider buying because their prices start at "you want how much for that?" and go up from there.
    "Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You only go around once. Enjoyimage
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

    100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice i like the toneing.image


    Hoard the keys.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file