Home Metal Detecting
Options

Just got my garret 350

Just got my 350. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COPPER HERE I COME.

Comments

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck... let us know how you make out.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    did he say COPPER<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ahhh, let the fun begin, image happy hunting
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have that same detector-- if you're looking for copper, play around with it. On mine, "pennies" means zinc coins only-- a feature I love, to say the least.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I went out with some experienced hunters. They both had Garret Pro 2500's. We made out way to some old farm land on the water here in Southern Maryland. My detector was pinging off a lot of trash. They mostly found old odds and ends (forks, a few musket balls?, and a few wheaties). My best find was an Esso Motor Oil Can dated 1946. Not what I expected for my first dig, but very interesting.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We dig a lot of junk between good finds... keep going... treasure is out there... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get a smaller coil for trashy areas for that detector for not a lot more money-- $90, I think.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.