Home Metal Detecting

Gold Ring #2 for 2012

I took my battery eating CZ70 to a football field that I have hunted many times before. I guess that I must have missed a little in the past because I came away with $9.32 and a nice 10k mans gold ring with a small diamond. I will have to admit that this machine does go deeper and picks up more nickels. The ring showed as a nickel just like the one I found in January. Someone else had been there before me and there were craters everywhere. I filled those in and but always checked before I did. He missed alot in some of those holes. I just hate it when people leave a mess like this guy did.

Comments

• pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    congrats on your second gold for 2012!

sorry to hear about the other detectorist. Some people just don't understand the potential consequences of their actions. I was at a beach in NJ last year where there was some prime detecting time. It looked like a minefield when they were done with it. Didn't even attempt to fill in their holes.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice finds.. slob MD'rs really hurt the hobby.... plus, as you found, they really do not know what they are doing and miss a lot. Cheers, RickO
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats on the finds.