Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Pocket piece found after 7 months, took it for a spin, let's see 'em!

DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I lost my DCarr puppet masters/uncle scam copper that I'd been pocket piecing for a year and a half or so. June was the last time I'd seen it. Figured while the wife was away most of the summer that I gave it to somebody or just lost it during the bachelor bender summer, pick a night, any one would do, she was gone 7 weeks total in Toronto, NY, and Conn. 1157 miles away minimum, and that was when she was at her folks........shweeet!

Anyway, lost my piece, figured it was gone, found it moving the furniture around last weekend! Seems it was buried in the couch. Been in my pocket since. Might have gotten a tad browner in the couch, but minimal - was already there nicely.

Took it to my bars and showed it to some folks.

Got some reactions at my 2 places.

One guy gave me a quick 2 second "it's disgusting" because he doesn't talk politics at bars. .... OK Thought he was cool as we had a cigar a month or 2 ago before my last art show and shot the shiz, but that threw me as there was zero curiosity displayed. Whatever. The bartender and the owner both thought it was cool and I wound up showing Daniel's site to them on my ipad as they were interested. The pissing panda they both liked.

At my other place, where I've turned all the girls/employees there into coin and PM collectors (Kennedies, dollar coins, silver for tips for 14 years), it sat down with one of my buddies, where that pic was taken. Vietnam navy vet, riverboat captain, loved it! Got me some stories of running supply/hardware boat missions up Danang (sp?) with 50cals blazing off each side. Pretty sweet.

Glad to have it back.

Comments

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neat story.
    For some reason I never saw this post originally and just came across it during an unrelated search.

Here is my recent "pocket piece". I like this way so I think I'll put it in a flip to preserve it as it is now:

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicely worn Dan....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice token!

I wish I knew where that pic went, don't recall deleting it. Oh well.

I actually switched the Uncle Scam piece out with a Norfed a while ago. The puppet master has been sitting on the dresser for a bit. Very chocolatey at this point.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bought cheap in a pawn shop, like because it is dated the year my great grandmother was born.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to think that the Republicans back in the late 19th century felt that a silver standard was akin to .....Bryanarchy!!

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file