Home Metal Detecting
Options

all day out

so i left the house at 8;45 and headed downtown to mill river. this river dates back to 1700.s and it runs from ridgsfield conn to the long island sound.better knowm as the rippowam river.anyhow its under redevelopment with state funding.2 yrs now.the down town portion is all fenced in. however someone left the gate open. this place when in it is huge.im guessing over 20 acres.so i gave it my best shot. mostly it is cleared dirt from one end to the other with a lot of climbing to do and a great river run through it.ideal for hunting right. 6 hrs guys and not one red cent.i mean nuttin but scrap iron and lead.but up by the trailer i noticed a pile of old bottles dating back to companys i never heard of.well i aint leaven here empty handed.i now own 6 old ass bottles i know nuttin about.so ileave head downtown in another direction on foot of course and come upon an old church.ah what the hell.i start scaning and pop pop pop all over the front yard.7 washingtons,5 rosies and 1 jefferson. no silver.6 lincoln mems. and 1 old belt buckle.30 minutes tops.well it was anice day even without hitting it rich. returning the prism tomorrow.you guys can read the history of this river by looking up mill/ rippowam project. stamford ct.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the day turned out ok .... good shot at the river site, but likely most of the good stuff is where they piled the scrapings (likely took it out with a dump truck). Cheers, RickO