Home U.S. Coin Forum

any of you collect "potty" coins ?

ive seen a few dollars but dont recall ever seeing a quarter, any thoughts ?

regardless of how many posts I have, I don't consider myself an "expert" at anything

Comments

• Ha Ha thats cool.
    Positive:
    BST Transactions: DonnyJf, MrOrganic, Justanothercoinaddict, Fivecents, Slq, Jdimmick,
    Robb, Tee135, Ibzman350, Mercfan, Outhaul, Erickso1, Cugamongacoins, Indiananationals, Wayne Herndon

Negative BST Transactions:
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the first quarter I've seen. All the others I have seen have been Seated or Trade dollars.

If they made any on dimes, I'd include one in my dime love token collection.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • ebaybuyerebaybuyer Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭
    would this be considered a potty dime ?

regardless of how many posts I have, I don't consider myself an "expert" at anything
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure does look like somebody started a potty dime there, but didn't get so far as the actual potty itself!

Pretty neat.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • kazkaz Posts: 9,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one in the op looks sort of "Egyptian" to me.

• << <i>The one in the op looks sort of "Egyptian" to me. >>

Looks like shes going potty in a giant cup sitting on a tree trunk
  • i have seen some of the trade dollars that were very well executed in the design and have seen some that were very crude.

the OP`s coin falls somewhere in between. i have seen a few smaller denominations and it does not translate as well as on a trade dollar. you could say the trade dollar was the perfect canvas. JMO of courseimage
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
    yeah, something about how that hay bale converts to a pot,and that ribbon to a hank of t.p.
  • GManGMan Posts: 790 ✭✭
    I've got one of those large cents someone made to say ONE C(you)NT. I think it's hole filling in the 7070 right now. No picture though.
    GMan
  • CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭
    Oh, I thought you meant like this?

image >>

Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
    never mind, that comment wont be well received.
  • commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    Love that quarter!
    I've been looking for a nice original one for a while..but they are to find (good ones)
  • The dime is appropriate. An allegorical figure of government crapping on liberty.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to see these at shows in WA state... did not see a dime though. Cheers, RickO
  • DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting a nice Potty Dollar -- and into a PCGS Genuine holder -- is fairly high up on my numismatic to-do list.
    When in doubt, don't.
    would the genuine slab increase the value of a potty dollar ?
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh, I thought you meant like this?

image >>

>>

Hey, I know who that is, I have bought some very very very nice coins from him. And his wife was none the too pleased when he modified Sir Thomas in their house too. That pic goes back to like 2002 or so if memory is correct.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭
    Correct.
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my Potty Dime.
    imageimage
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad they obliterated the date. Based on wear it appears to have been carried as a pocket piece.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cleaning out a drawer and came across a bag of old tokens and dark side coins. Among the tokens was this item.....
    I knew there was a thread relating to "potty" coins and now I can finally contribute something worthwhile!
    Rather than starting a new thread......Anyone ever seen this one? Might there be an interest in something like this if I put it out into the Ebay world?

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• << <i>Here's my Potty Dime.
    imageimage >>

That cracks me up! image
  • HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Possibly a Kardashian dime?
  • habaracahabaraca Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭✭✭
    would this one count?

• KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>would this one count?

image >>

Hobo on the pot - love it!
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file