Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Pele rookie card discussion

2»

Comments

• wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I would be very disappointed to get this in hand at that size. Hope it works out for the buyer.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks guys. I only during the last months started submitting my soccer collection - mainly Pele - to PSA. I have been trying to grade some issues that have not been issued before (like the 1965 Crack Pele for example) and I will have hopefully even more new issues graded during the next couple of months. The Pele master set is really shaping up. Kudos to Greg, who has #1 in the Pele Master Set who has done a great job getting a lot of soccer items graded for the first time. >>

Thanks for the acknowledgement image It has been fun having another person actively working on the set with me too. Back when I took over the #1 spot, "Dr. Panini" who had that spot before I started grading my cards only needed something like 35 items to complete the master set. I've added a ton of items to the composition, but it has also included countless N9's. Sometimes I subbed cards 7 or 8 times before they were finally graded, even with supplying links to full albums and checklists, so I definitely appreciate your having worked on them to add some of the items too.

• I really hope the buyer knew what he was bidding on, but I seriously doubt it. A $550 mini poster. This will surely look nice framed, but no its not a card.

Miwlvrn, my pleasure ;-) I think its a matter of time before more people jump on the Pele train - he is a great player to collect, so much variation through the years and continents. I don't think any other player in any other sport can match this. And yes, it is most of the times a trouble to get those oddballs slabbed but it is part of the fun I guess :-)
  • Does anyone have any pele rookie cards for sale? I'm trying to get a nice collection going, let me know at Taylorreecejones@yahoo.com