Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Thank you Type2 for the BLACKEST glittery beauty 5C MS64PL

Hi Ricc,

many thanks for the superb example of the Black Beauty improper annealed/scintillated die! It is a strong MS64 and with Pl surfaces too! I don't recall thee 5C being so glassy! I hope the others are as thrilled - I keep imagining Ricko dipping and dipping image

Many thanks for running this contest!

Eric image

Comments

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any time and ya all of them look nice like that one....Crazy how they look PL. I wish I would have found 200 or 300 of them so i could give out more post a pic of it.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Becky
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am NOT dipping this 'black beauty' nickel... It was a prize, representing a mint state product. It shall have a place of honor in my collection. Thanks Type2... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...yes yes we must have a pic! image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options

<< <i>I am NOT dipping this 'black beauty' nickel... It was a prize, representing a mint state product. It shall have a place of honor in my collection. Thanks Type2... Cheers, RickO >>

As it will in mine - I was only joking with you Ricko image It all good !

Eric
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one of the one's I'm going to send in it's the same coin just angled a bit.

imageimage

imageimage

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    Hi Ricc,

Yes! That is a wonderfully representative photograph. I could not get it - all black and liquid like mercury image

Thanks again,
    Eric

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file