Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Miconelegacy Contest 3 Year Anniversary Celebration!!! LINSANITY CONTEST 2/20/2012 Details on Page

Timing is everything...

Tonight I will launch my month of February contest. I missed out on doing one back at my 1,000 post mark, so I figured doing one for the whole month of February would be even better. Last year especially many of you, this forum did a lot for me. As a group, as individuals, as friends, as great people. I am seriously thankful and I hope you know that.

So not getting sappy here... This is a Celebration Party!!! Okay so here are the rules... I like what Muggy said there are none! I will ask the questions whoever gets the correct answer posted first wins. I will try to do a bunch of these throughout the month of February.

Okay it was the fall of 1989. My dad, my brother and I filled out a raffle to win Patriots VIP tickets through a store. My brother did end up winning the two tickets. Now these were all access tickets that could be won, full tour of Foxboro stadium, on field access before the game and during warm- ups, family lounge access, Executive level etc. Now I was 12 at the time and he was 9. So we couldn't go by ourselves.... I'll add to the story in a little while.

1. What store did my brother win the tickets through?

We lived in NH at the time. I will provide clues along the way to help out. Check back often as I want to run this throught the entire month.

Here is the prize for the correct answers.

Just in time for the Super Bowl. Needs to be crossed over....

Miconelegacy Auctions
"Live everyday, don't throw it away"

Comments

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! I'll say Sears and your mom with the two of you...2nd guess would be Caldor. HA!!!
  • Options
    Im going to go with Ames.

Your Dad and you went. Your brother gave the tickets to you.

Edit: I almost forgot my manners. Thanks for doing this contest. Sounds like fun times you and your pops shared image
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Eastern Mountain Sports, and you went with your father.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    LL Bean (love that store) and you and your father went.

Joe

Congrats on 3 years.

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Thanks for the contest Mike.

Let's go with Cardi's Furniture and your mom and dad went to the game.

No? That's wrong? How about ALMACS and you went with your mom to the game.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I realize figuring out who went to the game might be a little too tought to guess. So just need to name the store.

So my brother wins these tickets. The store called him and I was more excited than he was. Being a fan for years and watching Grogan play, he was one of my favorite back then. Plus I still was upset after the Bears beat the Pats back in 86 with the Fridge and McMahon. We went to the store and picked them up, but my mother brought us, my dad was working. My mom was really upset becuase she didn't want my dad to choose who was going to go, I mean this was like a once and a lifetime deal, or at least it felt that way.

So we went into the store and my brother recieved his tickets he won. All the info, contacts, etc. My mother asked the person if there was a way to get another ticket, as my brother and I really wanted to both go etc. He told it wasn't possible it was only for two people. My mom asked so nicely again, my mother is the most soft spoken(owned a Montessori school for years). The man was a little bit upset and kind of snapped no. I was more sad I guess, my brother had won, he rightfully deserved to go, I didn't win. We had never really thought what would happen if one of us won the tickets.

So we get home and my mom didn't really know what to do, and said we would talk about it later when my dad got home.

Later that day around 5 or something someone called the house. It was a representative from the corporate office of the store and they said they where able to get another ticket so my dad good bring his two boys to their first football game!!! It was incredible that the gentlemen that seemed upset had to have explained the story to someone else. So there we were getting a tour of the field while the Pats where warming up, some of the players waved to us. We walked all through the Executive levels, hung out for a little bit in the players/family lounge and watched the game with incredible seats down right next to the field. It was truly amazing and a great first NFL experience.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    Bradlees
  • Options
    I go with the DeMoulas Market Basket.

Cool story.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Mike!
    Mike
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Younkers (aka Bon-Ton)?
  • Options
    vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    I say Dunkin Donuts image Thanks for the contest
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    I say Dicks sporting goods.. and I was going to guess they gave you a 3rd ticket (seriously)

thanks for the contest
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Great story Mike. Thanks for sharing. I'll guess Modell's.

BTW, congrats on 3 years!!!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    Shaw's

Awesome story and thanks for sharing.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    Savenor’s Market
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    We lived in Londonderrry NH, next to Manchester.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

<< <i>We lived in Londonderrry NH, next to Manchester. >>

Has to be Austin's then
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    No idea but I suppose I should give it a guess.. I'll go with Macy's just cause.
  • Options
    East Derry General Store
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    Lets go with Service Merchandise

• Options
    Thanks for the contest :]

Lets go with Macy's
  • Options
    I say Spencer's gifts
  • Options
    I think I have been to almost every store mentioned, but we don't have a winner yet.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>I think I have been to almost every store mentioned, but we don't have a winner yet. >>

So at least we are bringing you down memory lane!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    how about Pat O'Briens hobbies?
    Currently collecting all sports HOF Rookie Cards graded by PSA...for my sons Jayce & Luke.

Successful dealings with: ChiSoxCardboard,
    lbcoach20, ShootyBabitt, cincyredlegs, pclpads, jwgators, hoopguru33, mphilking, daverat, Hallco, corvette1340, 8irvin8, Pre72, Estil, BigDaddyBowman, al032184. 1966CUDA, gwinny, samspop
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll guess Montgomery Ward. Great story! image
  • Options
    Diamond King Sports Cards?
    Currently collecting all sports HOF Rookie Cards graded by PSA...for my sons Jayce & Luke.

lbcoach20, ShootyBabitt, cincyredlegs, pclpads, jwgators, hoopguru33, mphilking, daverat, Hallco, corvette1340, 8irvin8, Pre72, Estil, BigDaddyBowman, al032184. 1966CUDA, gwinny, samspop
  • Options
    Sports Authority

• Options
    I can't take the suspense, just tell us already !!
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options

<< <i>I can't take the suspense, just tell us already !! >>

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Woolworths?
  • Options
    Rite Aid?
  • Options
    Hook's!
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Big-Y foods
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    Lechmere
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mom and Pops General store.
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    Macy's
  • Options
    Think about it, NFL is a sport right, okay....
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Philbrick's Sports Center
  • Options
    Scheels?
  • Options
    Foot Locker
  • Options

Sports Authority
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Big 5
  • Options
    Champs?
  • Options
    We have a winner!!! Corvette!

Contatulations. Yes Foot Locker in Manchester NH ran this raffle and their corporate office contacted the Patriots to make the exception for my family. It was really special and a great memory as a kid.

PM me your address and I'll send out your prize.

Next up will be an Auto puzzle again from my childhood. Look for details later tonight!! image
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>We have a winner!!! Corvette!

Contatulations. Yes Foot Locker in Manchester NH ran this raffle and their corporate office contacted the Patriots to make the exception for my family. It was really special and a great memory as a kid.

PM me your address and I'll send out your prize.

Next up will be an Auto puzzle again from my childhood. Look for details later tonight!! image >>

Thanks Mike!! Cool contest from one of the boards best members.
  • Options
    Alright next up is prize #2. This is fresh off the last break we had. There is a slight ding on the corner of the card, but the pack is in beautiful shape and should grade at least an 8, maybe a 9!!!

I will release the contest later today. Here is prize #2

Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    WimageW!!