Home Precious Metals
Options

Silver Content Question: 2012 Pamp Dragon

CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
Pardon my ignorance about the subject matter first and foremost. I have read in one of the previous threads that 1 ounce of silver is equal to 31.1 grams. Looking at some silver bars like the 2012 Pamp Dragon i saw them selling 100 grams. My first question is 3 ounces of silver is 93.3 grams right? So why the extra grams to make it 100 grams instead of just selling 3ounces? I am not complaining i am just curious. image
Second question ... Is it worth paying the premium for these 2012 Pamp Dragon Silver bars i mean they are not limited edition or something right or are theyimage
References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A majority of the world, including Switzerland where the PAMP bars are produced, are on the metric system. 10 gram, 50 gram, 100 grams, 1 kilo etc. The 1 troy oz bars are recognized all over the world. Yes, all Silver PAMP bars have a premium attached to them. The question is, how much of a premium are you willing to pay.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    how much of a premium are you willing to pay.

Isn't the question: "How many people are willing to pay the premium?"

Loves me some shiny!