Home Metal Detecting

Contemplating a Purchase

I'm new to the field and have been considering the White's E Series M6. Does anyone have experience/opinions/comments on this model?

Mojo
"I am the wilderness that is lost in man."
-Jim Morrison-
Mr. Mojorizn

my blog:www.numistories.com

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a big fan of White's, but am not familiar with the M6. What type of MD'ing are you planning on doing? Beaches, Parks, Nugget hunting, Relic hunting?? A lot depends on your interest. Or, if your interests cover all those areas you may end up with six MD's like I have. image Cheers, RickO
  • RickO,

I'm primarily interested in coin & relic hunting. I liked the M6 because it appeared to be somewhat idiot proof on White's' website. I'm waiting on the catalog and thought I would solicit some opinions here in the meantime.

Mojo
    -Jim Morrison-
    Mr. Mojorizn

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have used the Whites DFX for years and got the V3 when it came out. For coins and relics, they are great. The M6 may do the job, I have never used one. You might go to www.metaldetectingforum.com and ask the question. They are great over there. Cheers, RickO
  • Thanks for the information. I checked a few review sites as well. Much appreciated.

Mojo
    -Jim Morrison-
    Mr. Mojorizn

• After further research I'm looking at the White's M6, the Garrett AT Pro, or the Fisher F4. The metal detecting forums are full of Garrett users with lots of tips, tricks, vids, etc. The Fisher looks like the best pick simply for ease of use, and the White's seems like the best in terms of accessories and brand rep.

Any feedback on the Garrett or the Fisher?

My location is western PA and my primary focus will be coins/relics. I'd like to become a frequent user and am not overly concerned with price, but you can see from my selections I'm trying to stay around the $500 price tag. Thanks for any help!

Mojo
    -Jim Morrison-
    Mr. Mojorizn

• davbecdavbec Posts: 321 ✭✭
    I've been using Garrett detectors for about 5 yrs now. Very easy to use. I've sent my detector in for tune ups and minor fixes and the customer service is awesome. If you ask me they go above and beyond my satisfaction. The Garrett pinpointer is a must also.
    Good Luck!
    Dave