Home Precious Metals
Options

Anyone Here Know Anything About CMI Silver Bars

Picked up a couple of CMI bars at the show yesterday.
Just wondering who/what CMI is and anything about the Co. or when these were made.

Thanks,

HH
Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    I got this one

Here is my thread, not much info though.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought in a lot of them over the counter in Chicago over the years. Never any problem with them. They're just boring, that's all.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    I saw that CMI site when I googled but wasn't sure if that was the same co. that made the bars.
    Thought I remembered a thread here about these but it didn't show up when I searched "CMI silver bar".

Bought these for about spot, so strictly bullion. Just curious about their origins.

Thanks folks,

HH
  • Options
    APMEX has some 100ozt CMI bars for sale. They say that CMI is Constitution Mint ? ? ?

Here . . .
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>APMEX has some 100ozt CMI bars for sale. They say that CMI is Constitution Mint ? ? ?

Here . . . >>

APMEX is correct...Googled CMI & got this info..(btw is not the same co as: as CMI Gold & Silver)
    "Constitution Mint, formerly of Provo, Utah, has been out of business for decades, yet from time to time 100-oz silver bars with CMI (for Constitution Mint Inc) sell into the market"

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>APMEX has some 100ozt CMI bars for sale. They say that CMI is Constitution Mint ? ? ?

Here . . . >>

APMEX is correct...Googled CMI & got this info..(btw is not the same co as: as CMI Gold & Silver)
    "Constitution Mint, formerly of Provo, Utah, has been out of business for decades, yet from time to time 100-oz silver bars with CMI (for Constitution Mint Inc) sell into the market" >>

Thanks! Guess I'm just a Google dummy, cause I found nothing but CMIG&S. image

HH