Home Metal Detecting
Options

long time away

what,s up forum guys.been busy for a while so i havn,t been on the forum in ages,anyhow got a few days to myself and a borowed prism 111 to use for the weekend. sun just came out here in conn. gonna hit a few spots saturday. one being a recently cleared lot of old victorian house built in 1902. 3 acre fresh dirt + wooded around the borders. just need advice with this mach. going strait for silver.no junk any tips well needed. this mach operates frantic from what i see. never used a whites before. thanx guys will report back if any luck.hey rick o cheers brother.dave aka mrgumby

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back Dave, you were missed. Never used a prism, but I am sure you will figure it out... good luck, hope you find some old silver... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a blast. Nothing in Las Vegas even existed in 1902 so I envy (in a good way) you and
    GOOD LUCK!

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck! My dad and I started with a White's Classic 1 and did manage some silver. I'm sure the technology has progressed since with with the Prizm. The Classic 1 had two knobs so no real secrets to those. Looking forward to your finds.
  • Options
    so im back home spent about6 hrs out today and the wheather was awsome here. went over to the old lot and hunted for 3 hrs all around and other than some metal crap burried where i could get to without climbing over 7 pieces of heavy equip and all the high brush and vines. they layed alot of rock in the front of the property so that sucked.at the back of the place it was too deep with brush. finaly went across the road to the high school.where bobby valentine went of course no extra treats because of him.but did manage to dig $1.85 in newer clad.mostly quarters. them kids must be careless. no gold or rings but im not a quiter so tomorrow i,ll head out again maybe some wooded areas by the merrit prky. or an old cemetary dated back to 1798.any how it was a nice break to get outside and hunt.nice and relaxing.allmost feels like spring.by the way not liking the prism very much. not a head on detector. nor silver accurate in my opinion. i know whites has some great machines just not this one,lol added went back out to a friends who has woods behind his property and just before it got dark bango..........a 1950,s hubley toy cap gun in a foot of dirt.best find today..i can read rodeo on frame thats it until i clean her up.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting back in the swing again.... takes a while, but it all comes back. Cheers, RickO