Home Precious Metals
Options

Who gives you the best information?

derrybderryb Posts: 36,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
Who are your top five bloggers/economists/advisors when it comes to economic/financial information:

Mine:
Mike Shedlock (MISH)
Peter Schiff
David Stockman
William Black
Jim Willie

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

Comments

• Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Peter Schiff.

I've enjoyed his pre-2008 rants on the real estate bubble and have taken great pleasure in seeing the other so called experts make fun of him only to be humbled themselves when everything crashed just as Schiff had predicted.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    In 2004-06 Schiff said that the US dollar would crash and the rest of the world would not be affected like in the past. Get out of the Dollar and into the EUROZone. I moved a lot into gold and some into Euro stocks.

Well let's see, how's things in EuroLand?

In 2007 I bailed on Euro and moved into Aussie, best move.

Schiff is smart but not always right.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In 2004-06 Schiff said that the US dollar would crash and the rest of the world would not be affected like in the past. Get out of the Dollar and into the EUROZone. I moved a lot into gold and some into Euro stocks.

Well let's see, how's things in EuroLand? >>

Six years later? not so good.

Schiff correctly called the rise in emerging markets, asia and europe - I profited from the call. He never said it would last forever.

The crashing dollar since 2004 is what made gold what it is today. His book "Crash Proof" was dead on. It advised gold when published and continues to hold water.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Rogers
    Jim Rogers
    Jim Rogers
    Peter Schiff
    Jim Rogers

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (in no particular order)

Justacommeman
    derryb
    cohodk
    jmski52
    RedTiger
    mhammerman
    roadrunner
    and..
    [your name here]

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Sinclair
    Rick Santelli
    Zero Hedge
    Reggie Middleton
    Jim Willie

I didn't know that Stockman and Black had blogsites!

I also think that many posters here are on par with the best.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

I just do what the voices in my head tell me to do.

I take a little bite from everyone's words on the PM forum and form a conservative/conservative-agressive way of doing things.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    What Baley said.

...and roadrunner
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rush Limbaugh
    Michael Savage
    Dave Ramsey
    Kim Kammando
    Dana Lash
    Greg Garrison
    Andy & Denny Smith

GrandAm imageimageimage
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    I try not to read too many columns as a lot of the guys are perma-bulls who never give you the 'other side' so to speak. The ones I listen to or will always read their musings the most are:

Lord Peter image (How is this guy not on top of everyone's list?)
    Jim Rogers
    Gary Kaltbaum (decent stock picker with an entertaining 1 hour radio show that I enjoy on the way home)
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The analysts that write articles are fine, but I like the guys that get results from the charts. Alot of the ones I used to pay attention to
    have made some terrible calls since last summer. It doesn't leave a whole of people who I still have confidence in. A lot of former top
    notch guys have imploded or the last 9 months or change their views so often you might as well be blind-folded and tossing darts instead.
    You can have the best information in the world but that doesn't mean you can make any money with it. We all knew back in 2004 that the
    financial system was heading towards a crash. But the varying degrees of how one profited from all that knowledge is huge. After 10 yrs
    of reading articles it's sort of boring and often of little help. The charts often meld all that information into one place. Then comes the timing.

Howard Katz (in memoriam)
    Rambus (whoever he is)
    Xiphos (whoever he is)
    Bob Hoye
    P. Radomski
    Warren Bevan
    Jeff Kern
    QuadG and Godzilla from Kitco forums
    and of course....Cohodk

Most of these guys add something unique that the others don't. Kern's 35 yr data base of gold movements and patterns is invaluable at times and so
    are Hoye's in-depth reviews of 1970-2007 chart patterns vs. 2011-2012. Rambus and Xiphos do slick work achieving accurate price objectives using
    Edward's and Magee's chart formations. They knock my socks off at times! They've taken TA to another level while almost never referencing EW theory.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I see counter to a lot of logical arguments is an underestimation of the lengths that government officials will go to to cover up problems. No I don't think (necessarily) that these people are evil....they are in fact, predictable, but people like Meredith Whitney can be right on conditions, but very wrong on effects. Right now the government officials of my wonderful state of MD are meeting to take away mortgage interest deductions from people making more than $100k. Fortunately, or at least hopefully, big bribes are flowing from the National Association of Realtors to stop this...which may have been the whole point of the exercize...to draw in more bribes in an election year.
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>One thing I see counter to a lot of logical arguments is an underestimation of the lengths that government officials will go to to cover up problems. No I don't think (necessarily) that these people are evil....they are in fact, predictable, but people like Meredith Whitney can be right on conditions, but very wrong on effects. Right now the government officials of my wonderful state of MD are meeting to take away mortgage interest deductions from people making more than $100k. Fortunately, or at least hopefully, big bribes are flowing from the National Association of Realtors to stop this...which may have been the whole point of the exercize...to draw in more bribes in an election year. >>

Very good point. Bill Gross was "right" on treasuries in early 2011. But what he didn't count on was the big banks adding $80 TRILL or so in otc interest rate contracts to ultimately
    change the conditions and "prove" him wrong. Make any bet on the economy and QE/derivatives...or lack of them...can make you look silly.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    RR, cohodk

sig links in RR's posts

i'm also a big fan of Martin Armstrong, but his time in prison has made him very verbose. he is bullish gold with restraint and has reasonable conclusions and predictions, IMHO.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Wow, impressive lists. I should give it some serious thought and read more of them.
    Mostly for me, its been me. Sure I look at money magazine and have seen crammer on tv, etc.
    Some of the biggest info on this forum and by talking to friends about how much they put into their 401,
    stops, and limits, and small stuff like that.

However I went from 95k to 500k in 10 years so maybe you should listen to me.
    COA
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't now & never have subscribed to any of the listed "celebrities," however, when Rick Santelli of CNBC speaks, I listen.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>RR, cohodk

sig links in RR's posts

i'm also a big fan of Martin Armstrong, but his time in prison has made him very verbose. he is bullish gold with restraint and has reasonable conclusions and predictions, IMHO. >>

Does Hannes Tulving ever offer info/insight into the PM market?
  • Options
    vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
    Jim Rogers.

The most important lesson he has taught me is to always do my homework and only invest in things that I know a lot about.
    References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.