Home Precious Metals
Options

Gold just went up 33 bucks.

ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
looking to break 1700, we'll see.

Comments

• Options
    BanemorthBanemorth Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Already did once then came back a little.
    Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics
  • Options
    BanemorthBanemorth Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    1702 right now.
    Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW image when I checked an hour ago it was down $6 bucks image

GO GOLD,,, GO GOLD,,, GO GOLD!!!!!

GrandAm imageimageimage
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Triggered by Fed statement.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miners roaring! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR image

This is QE-like results without offering QE. image
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fed is out of bullets. And billets, too, probably.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭

But, easy does it.
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fed meeting 2013......

"We're out of bullets!!"

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    !egnulpS
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the Fed (and federal government's) lack of bullets has not stopped it from action in the past. They'll dry fire something sloppy out there, just wait.
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    The price of gold has paused as the babblemaster speaks. It takes a few minutes to de-convolute fed speak.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    OMG this must mean it will never have a losing day ever, ever again!

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    let's call a quick end to the first annual baleyville picker's contest.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

<< <i>OMG this must mean it will never have a losing day ever, ever again!

image >>

Of course. But today's day is similar to what we saw last July/August/Sept. It's ok to give credit to a massively strong up day after such a long beating. Take a look at these charts.

Gold, silver, miners and bears....ah ha.
  • Options
    joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭
    Yeah, market manipulation in action. Bernake opens his mouth and zoom! Look at those twin peaks! image

Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    let's call a quick end to the first annual baleyville picker's contest.

Sounds good to me...but only if there is an additional prize for 2nd place image

• Options
    RR yeah...you're rightimage

what's funny is last time i saw spot was on CNBC 7 AM PST, up about $50 since then
  • Options
    FWIW, spoke with my old shop this afternoon, and they have done a ton of business AFTER the Splurge!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    of course! there's nothing better than some tradeable "news"

Almost everything on my screens today is GREEN

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Another 3 years guaranteed for the banksters to loot the treasury, of course wall street is happy.
  • Options
    the posters on this board seem really happy too.

Aren't you happy?

• Options

<< <i>FWIW, spoke with my old shop this afternoon, and they have done a ton of business AFTER the Splurge! >>

Were customers mostly buying or selling?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>FWIW, spoke with my old shop this afternoon, and they have done a ton of business AFTER the Splurge! >>

Were customers mostly buying or selling? >>

Buying.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite a reaction to the FedSpeak.... the question is, will it last?? Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up, up and away !!!
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Triggered by Fed statement. >>

Ithinkit might be Obama's speech. If we start taxing rich people as much as poor people it will be inflationary since it willjust increase the amount they need to steal.

I think I won't use a smilie face this time.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Triggered by Fed statement. >>

Ithinkit might be Obama's speech. If we start taxing rich people as much as poor people it will be inflationary since it willjust increase the amount they need to steal.

I think I won't use a smilie face this time. >>

Please do not inject politics into the boards.

Check the time of his address, the time of the Fed announcement, and the time of the spike in gold, then decide which caused the spike.

• Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe y'all glued to the live chart. image

By the way, when it comes time to sell, what's the window on pulling the triger? Inside 2 minutes? image

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    Too late, the Fed is already political providing Congress with its endless spending through Fed Backed Treasuries.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Buying. >>

silver is up a higher % than gold?

are they buying both?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Buying. >>

silver is up a higher % than gold?

are they buying both? >>

How high will it need to go before people are lined up to sell it?

• Options
    How high will it have to go ?

Gold 10,000/oz

Silver 100/oz

Then you may see a little selling. But not much.
  • Options
    I'm selling at $52 and don't talk me out of it! image

• Options
    How high will it have to go ?

Gold 10,000/oz

Silver 100/oz

Then you may see a little selling. But not much.

Well, I'll respectfully disagree, as I see NO indication that strong resistance at $49 silver and $1920 gold has gone away.

I know I have some ounces for sale at 2% below those prices image

• Options
    So...what's the game here........buy low, sell high. Can a guy do that on every high and low point and make gains that way. Or is that not the way to do it with kitco?

• Options

<< <i>So...what's the game here........buy low, sell high. Can a guy do that on every high and low point and make gains that way. Or is that not the way to do it with kitco? >>

Exactly how you do it with a kitco pool account. The only reason to have a paper account.

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    Please do not inject politics into the boards. >>

I should respond in a PM perhaps but just so there's no misunderstanding the statement was not intended politically.

The president of the United States proposed to tax the wealthy as much as the middle class. No matter what politics
    you have this would affect wealthy people. I was only half joking that it might cause an increase in metals prices.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>So...what's the game here........buy low, sell high. Can a guy do that on every high and low point and make gains that way. Or is that not the way to do it with kitco? >>

Exactly how you do it with a kitco pool account. The only reason to have a paper account. >>

Thank you and my only loss will be the 8.98 charge for every transaction?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Exactly how you do it with a kitco pool account. The only reason to have a paper account. >>

Thank you and my only loss will be the 8.98 charge for every transaction? >>

Keep in mind that if Kitco goes belly up you loose everything...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Kitco pool account fees are based on spread between buy price and sell price. No flat fee for trades like a brokerage account.

• Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

Great, just great. And with me trying to find both Au and Ag locally this week.

Who wants to sell me some AGEs or Buffs at last week's prices? image

• Options
    i'm still a little confused that many if not all (over the web) were anticipating a flat to modest gold year are all of a sudden on another tear to $2000+

didn't the Fed made an announcement last year the they were keeping rates low at least another two years? why does yesterday's mention spark a renewed fever? is it just currency hedge funds playing $USD weakness again and then sell back out when the dollar shows some life?

i know from reading RR's post that mining stocks were on a tear...why now and not before?

gold shares were underperforming with a solid suggestion from him that the growth in ETF's has hurt gold shares. what has changed now?

i read some of Sinclair's email blast and get most of it...again why now?

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i'm still a little confused that many if not all (over the web) were anticipating a flat to modest gold year are all of a sudden on another tear to $2000+

didn't the Fed made an announcement last year the they were keeping rates low at least another two years? why does yesterday's mention spark a renewed fever? is it just currency hedge funds playing $USD weakness again and then sell back out when the dollar shows some life?

i know from reading RR's post that mining stocks were on a tear...why now and not before?

gold shares were underperforming with a solid suggestion from him that the growth in ETF's has hurt gold shares. what has changed now?

i read some of Sinclair's email blast and get most of it...again why now? >>

Easy money until at least late 2014. That probably actually means longer. Being said and being insinuated are a little different. There is plenty of chatter on QE3 as well. I think they were actually telegraphing this yesterday. It will be denied for now until it isn't. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Exactly. All that free money from the Fed given to the banks either goes into stocks, treasuries or PMs for 3 years and counting, inflating the bubbles even more til they pop. When the DOW hits 14K will it pop like it did in 08 or continue soaring. Are we any better off with $3-4 trillion added to the debt since 08. What about the $16 Trillion 16 Trillion Scrow down to page 131 the fed managed to hand out also since 08. Ask yourself what are the consequences of such actions.

But as mentioned above, a one-time limited GAO audit of the Federal Reserve that was mandated by the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act covered an even broader time period and revealed even more bailout loans.

According to the GAO audit, $16.1 trillion in secret loans were made by the Federal Reserve between December 1, 2007 and July 21, 2010. The following list of firms and the amount of money that they received was taken directly from page 131 of the GAO audit report....

Citigroup - $2.513 trillion
    Morgan Stanley - $2.041 trillion
    Merrill Lynch - $1.949 trillion
    Bank of America - $1.344 trillion
    Barclays PLC - $868 billion
    Bear Sterns - $853 billion
    Goldman Sachs - $814 billion
    Royal Bank of Scotland - $541 billion
    JP Morgan Chase - $391 billion
    Deutsche Bank - $354 billion
    UBS - $287 billion
    Credit Suisse - $262 billion
    Lehman Brothers - $183 billion
    Bank of Scotland - $181 billion
    BNP Paribas - $175 billion
    Wells Fargo - $159 billion
    Dexia - $159 billion
    Wachovia - $142 billion
    Dresdner Bank - $135 billion
    Societe Generale - $124 billion
    "All Other Borrowers" - $2.639 trillion

This report was made available to all the members of Congress, but most of them have been totally silent about it. One of the only members of Congress that has said something has been U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders.

Source
  • Options
    Consequences? Gold goes up! Yay, right?

• Options
    thanks JM and pf70 collector
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Keep in mind that if Kitco goes belly up you loose everything... >>

And when was the last time that ever happen? 1929?

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Keep in mind that if Kitco goes belly up you loose everything... >>

And when was the last time that ever happen? 1929? >>

MF Global was A LOT bigger then Kitco. They are no more. circa 2011. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>

Citigroup - $2.513 trillion
    Morgan Stanley - $2.041 trillion
    Merrill Lynch - $1.949 trillion
    Bank of America - $1.344 trillion
    Barclays PLC - $868 billion
    Bear Sterns - $853 billion
    Goldman Sachs - $814 billion
    Royal Bank of Scotland - $541 billion
    JP Morgan Chase - $391 billion
    Deutsche Bank - $354 billion
    UBS - $287 billion
    Credit Suisse - $262 billion
    Lehman Brothers - $183 billion
    Bank of Scotland - $181 billion
    BNP Paribas - $175 billion
    Wells Fargo - $159 billion
    Dexia - $159 billion
    Wachovia - $142 billion
    Dresdner Bank - $135 billion
    Societe Generale - $124 billion
    "All Other Borrowers" - $2.639 trillion

>>

According to one source I feel is reliable this $16 TRILL counts loans that were repaid and then taken out again and again....say on a revolving monthly loan.
    If that's the case the $16 TRILL may be leveraged up a bit from reality.