Home Precious Metals
Options

Does the recent rise in silver seem sustainable...

or just a head fake to get my hopes up.

Where will it end the year at? Take care. jws

Comments

• Options
    scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭
    I think we need to give it a few days image
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long term, I have no doubt silver is going up....way up (but that's just my biased opinion).image
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    does the recent rise in worldwide financial mismanagement by nearly all governments with a penchant for continued creation of debt at an accelerated rate seem sustainable?

So I think the answer to both questions, in the long run, is yes.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>does the recent rise in worldwide financial mismanagement by nearly all governments with a penchant for continued creation of debt at an accelerated rate seem sustainable?

So I think the answer to both questions, in the long run, is yes. >>

That's not saying much, since most items will also "go up in the long run."
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aside from intervention, the real question is how much will silver continue to suffer from deflation. Over the past year we have seen indication of deflation's affect. the good news for serious stackers is that deflation is not permanent in today's central bank controlled economy.

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options
    If you are serious about stacking silver you need to ignore short term price fluctuations and think long term.

The financial mess created by the bankers is not going away so your stack of PM's is insurance in case things get really bad, also the supply of easily mined silver is running out as have above ground stocks. You also need to think about how much we are dependant on silver for multiple applications so demand for it is not likely to go down.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    I think the stock market is bringing PMs along with the bull market ride. I think if the stock market plummets like it did in 08 it will drag PMs along with it like it did also in 08. JMHO.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    The real answer is nobody knows.
    Everything is simply a guess, nothing more.
    I do hope it raises however but am not fooling myself nor letting anyone else fool me(I hope!)
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could possibly be sustainable !!!
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know, but I'm trying to buy $170 face at 20X. I really hope I can make the buy soon.