Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Mercury dime set on the move?

2»

Comments

• Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    I am going deep sea fishing in 2 weeks. What would you guys recommend? AU or MS Mercs?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Al, those are some nice additions to your set. You still have a few gaps that you can fill relatively inexpensively. I'm hanging on to my position by the skin of my teeth, but you'll probably be watching me in your rearview mirror before long. I won't have any additions this week, and probably none next week, either, thanks to the double-whammy of taxes (income and property). I should be back in the hunt soon, though.

Ken, the current greysheet bid on the '27-P in 65FB is still $300, so you got a good deal on yours.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    Jim
    What is the current graysheet bid and ask for a 26-S 64FB,
    Just like to know how long I have to eat peanutbutter sandwichesimage
    Tim
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tim, bid/ask on the '26-S in 64FB are 2210/2460. That equates to about 6500 PBJ's; have you considered chipped beef on toast to add some variety to your diet? image

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    What a bunch of guys!!!!!image
    I am all smiles now...green light on the 31D.image
    Thanks guys!!!!
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    Ken,

I was looking at the 30-P at B&M for a while. It just seemed to me that they wanted above PCGS price for it and that was more than I wanted to give them. I thought about buying the coin a number of times and never go to it.

It is all yours if they put it back on the site. I figured I would let you know that I would not "snipe" it, as it is a NB coin.

Good luck!

Dennis,

I PM'd you on the 31-D

Rick
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick:
      I also thought the 30P was a little High but Really Liked the Look of It.
        I bought it Once but B&M had 2 Employees Depart and I guess some things were left Un-Finished. Got ahold of a Nice Lady this Morning and Bought It again. Its on the Way to It's New Home. Looks like it was about $30.00 Dollars high to Me.
          Dennis:
            Well You don't have to Worry about the Registry Guys but watch Out for the Rest of the World.image 31D's seem to be Real Popular. Heck maybe I should Bid !!image Naw You can Have It.image I see the 26S did not make Reserve Again. Maybe He will Finally be Reasonable with It.image
              Set Weighting in a Couple of Weeks according to the Email I got from BJ this Evening. Really the way Most of Us go after the Dimes I dont think the Weighting will effect Us Much. Now 10 Years Down the Road when Our Sets are Loaded with MS67FB Coins and MS69NB Coins Maybe it will mean Something.image
                AL:
                  Yes I am Getting Old but Please Do Not Rub it In.image
                    Take Care All: Ken
                  1. Options
                  2. Options
                    Hey guys I have A 36p in 66fb
                    does anyone have any interest
                    if so pm me
                    Thanks Timimage
                  3. Options
                    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
                    The PAN show will be here in a few weeks I think I can do better thereimage
                    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

4. Options
                    tggrtggr Posts: 748
                    YOU GUYS MAKE ME SICK WITH ALL THE COINS YOU ADDED.

LOL LOL CONGRATS E_1 .I SAY THIS AS I SLIDE DOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN>
                    FUNDS ARE TIGHT NO MERCS FOR A WHILE.

RAYimageimageimage
                  5. Options
                    I recieved my '39 MS66FB from RCNH today, and took a baby step with my set(not enough to overtake anyone). I just want to let everyone know that it was a pleasure talking to and dealing with Jon, there. He is very helpful with any questions. The coin is everything he said it was. It's a Blast White, lustrous beauty.

(anyone need a nice "no-bands"?) image

Centimeterin' forward,

Don

Full Bands and

FULL Heads RULE!
                  6. Options
                    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
                    quattrocoins
                    I also received a coin from RCNH today,not blast white but a nice high end 25-S 64.A keeperimage.Good luck to all.Al
                  7. Options
                    Dont worry im dropping out, so maybe it can help a few of you..... check out my coins for sale on the "buy sell trade" forum
                  8. Options
                    wish I could have looked at your 26 fb, I need to replace my toned one with a blast white one.....image
                    Dennis

My Dimes

9. Options
                    Don't FORGET Send Me the Toned 26P.image
                  10. Options
                    Ken,
                    you know I will take care of you! lol, I know where all the toned coins eventually end up.....image
                    Dennis

My Dimes

11. Options
                    Aw You know I will Buy a Blast White One every Once in a while. Heck I Bought One Last Night. A 1945P that Appears to have some Die Damage. Never have seen one that looked like that Dime. It Broke Me up in business as I was the Only Bidder and had to Pay $6.60 to get it.
                      Also Don Really likes the Toned Dimes. He has Bids on just about Everyone I try to Bid on.
                        There is also a eBay buyer CardGod that is also Hot on them. He has Actually bought 2 of My Toned NGC Dimes. Lately He has Bought Many Dimes off eBay. I am wondering if eventually He will Register a Set.
                          Hey Pat: Is the Pan Show the One that Seroisi (SP) puts on ?? Early on in My Merc Quest I bought a Couple of Merc's from them. Have Not been back Since. One was a AT Coin that I took a Bath on after I found Out what it was. Oh well Live and Learn. It was Pretty though.
                            AL:
                              You got a 25S ?? Tough Date and Probably My Second Favorite in the Series after the 25P. If anyone Ever wants to Sell a 25P let Me Know I am a Push Over for that Date.
                                Ray:
                                  The Regurgeration (SP) Factor Really has Came into Effect Lately. These Guys are Buying Everything in Sight and some that are not in Sight. Really it is Quite Fun watching the Sets Grow and Reading the Posts from all of the Guys.
                                    Well hope to Hear from a few of you this Evening but it Seems about the Time I can get on the Computer the Rest of You are Going to Bed. image Guess I am Going to have to Move to Texas and Get in the Right Time Zone.image Naw I like the Greenness of Good Old Oregone.
                                      Take Care:Ken
                                    1. Options
                                      Thanks to all the Merc guys my set is SOLD OUT! It sure didnt take long.
                                    2. Options
                                      PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
                                      I understand there is going to be some updates on the Mercury dime sets, I wounder just how far I will dropimageimage
                                      Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211