Home Metal Detecting
Options

Raise your hand if you're having this "warm winter"

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
Right now it's -3 F, and supposed to get down to -10. Tomorrow's forecasted to have a high of 7.

Northern New England is a beautiful area, but it sure gets cold.

Comments

• Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    Winter finally showed up in the Buffalo area in the wee hours of Friday the 13th.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seven degrees here this morning... the winter freeze has arrived. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    It's in the 50s in Missouri.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna show the old lady these posts,
    She's walkin around the house in her parka
    jacket because its a fridgid 58 here in the
    San Fernando Valleyimage

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've been winter all winter. Can't remember the last winter with so many below freezing
    temperatures! Not an uncommon event, just not many times a year. Have had dozens of
    days below freezing. Pipes in the yard are 2" down below the surface. So, have to cover
    all valves and take precautions on these cold mornings.

Oh, Las Vegas, Nevada is my locale.

bobimage

PS: makes it very difficult to find all those nuggets!
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Frikken SIX degrees this morning.... way too cold.... took the dogs out and they were afraid to pee, had a little golden icicle hanging when I brought them in..... image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the Santa Cruz mountains-- we've had almost no rain at all this year! (Which worries me when fire season comes)
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    North Texas is a frigid (hehe) 70 degrees today....
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Seven degrees here this morning... the winter freeze has arrived. Cheers, RickO >>

same here in the lower north east
  • Options
    Catskill Mountains, NYS Johnny, same neighborhood evidently... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Got down to 1 degree the last two nights. Back above the freezing make today. They say rain is on the way.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Alright guys, let's all head to Texas!

It was a steamy -12 on the commute this morning here in upper new england.

Ricko... this is exactly what you need! Never leave the house
  • Options
    Thanks PCGS... but what about the solid waste?? Seems like it might leave a mess... will check it out though. When I lived in Seattle... a gal in the same apartment building had trained her dogs to use a litter box.... that was cool... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    really cold in SF this morning. nice right now 4:57pm, in san jose. just got back from doing yard work.
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday afternoon we had a high of 69 where I am in MO, perfect for detecting except we were waiting for the Sears warrenty guy to come between 1 and 5. We were going shopping and detecting afterward. To make a long story short he got here at 5:30. No shopping and NO DETECTING. At 10pm it was 36 and raining. At 7am this morning it was 20
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Catskill Mountains, NYS Johnny, same neighborhood evidently... Cheers, RickO >>

Northwest Connecticut Ricko. I'm 20 in between Hartford, CT and Sprinfield, MA. Best wishes John image that should read 20 minutes outside of hartford. sorry bout the typo
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well warm in ND is odd.....right now its -13 with -30 wind chill. Suppose to get down to -25 without the wind chill tonight.
  • Options
    Strange weather. 52 yesterday, 20 today. Snowfall for the season is about 14 inches. Average for the date is over 50 inches.
  • Options
    really wierd weather this year in north Texas - we will be in the 70's today (68 at noon) and close to 80 tomorrow with 70's for the weekend... should be highs in the 40's and lows in the 30's.

not complaining - my daughter and I have been riding bikes on the weekends when we fully expected to not be riding until April at the earliest.
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

<< <i>well warm in ND is odd.....right now its -13 with -30 wind chill. Suppose to get down to -25 without the wind chill tonight. >>

This morning was on the chilly side - but that's Fargo for you.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

Been in the low-mid 70's down here in Ga most of 2012. image Ain't seen but 2 days of "winter" here so far. Low's were in the upper 20s/low 30s for a couple nights. Brrrrr, it was cold!

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    75F and sunny. Took a hike and was sweating!
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions