Home Precious Metals

Does anyone here own one of the Texas Bullion Sets?

If so, post a pic! Not much luck searching eBay or google images.
Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector

Comments

• StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure what you're talking about.

There is a Texas Coin and Currency Set, but it's not bullion. (I own one, but not the one linked.)

Edit: Maybe you mean this set from APMEX? (currently out of stock)

• I have one, 1oz silver, 1oz, 1/2oz, 1/4oz and 1/10oz gold rounds? Have to dig it out for a pic, I know a dealer who has one if interested I can set you up with him.
  • joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭
    No staircoins, that's not it.

TexasNationals... yes that sounds like what I am talking about. I only remember glancing at one a looong time ago and I recall that it was a mix of silver and gold, with the largest gold coin at 1 oz and then one of each fractional size as well.
  • This set sounds interesting. When was it minted?
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see that also... not familiar with it. Love Texas and love gold... what a great combination..image Cheers, RickO
    I can't recall when it was minted. I want to say it might have been for the 100 year state anniversary which would have made it 1945, or maybe the 150 years in 1995. It was about 10 years ago when I saw it. Hopefully TexasNationals can educate us on it.

There were lots of Texas-related items released for the Republic of Texas Sesquicentennial (150th Anniversary of the Republic) in 1986.

I have some silver rounds from then.
    Yes I verified that the set contains 1 oz of silver and 1.85 oz of gold (1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/10 oz). Still can't find a picture anywhere to save my life.

TexasNationals... I'm totally fine and understand not wanting to post details about your NGC black slabs... but please don't leave us hanging on this one if you really do own one of these sets! image

• They are 1986, and contain 1.85 oz (1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/10) of gold and 1 oz. silver round. They seqi sets and are in capital plastic holders. Other than that I know nada. Mind is in the SDB so I will have to snag it and snap it.

Harry's Coins in San Antonio has one for sale (did last time I was there) in the original packaging. If you want it call him at (210) 684-6326 and work it out with him. He probably knows more than I do. If I recall mine it says Texas Bullion Coin Set- 1986 on the holder in gold leaf. I keep most of my crap in a SDB so it isn't right here until I buy it, then it is gone.

TN
    Yeah I'd be all over that but I just dont have the extra cash to pick up nearly 2 oz of gold right now. Thanks for the info.

I was able to find a picture of one finally... not the greatest but it's all I have been able to come up with.

• Wow, the Texas Bullion set is great. I'm going to check the mintage. image

Here's an ad for these sets that I found in the November, 1986 issue of Texas Monthly magazine:

<< <i>Wow, the Texas Bullion set is great. I'm going to check the mintage. image >>

Please let us know if you can figure this out, I'd definitely like to know.

Staircoins: wow great detective work! I'll take one at those prices! image What I found interesting was their reason #4 why this is a great investment: "Colonial Coins guarantees to buy back all official Texas gold pieces it sells for at least the full gold market price at any time in the future." image
  • SethChandlerSethChandler Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭✭

O
    One came in OTC today. Neat set.

Collecting since 1976.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seller made a bundle

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SethChandler said:
    O
    One came in OTC today. Neat set.

That’s Sweet!

• tincuptincup Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice set! I have a couple of silver rounds from that year, but no gold!

----- kj
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see there are a few of the silver rounds for sale on ebay....one looks as if it is not silver though....could be the photography....I will follow a couple... maybe get one.... I like Texas... good people...Cheers, RickO